1200 calories

2»

Replies

• I looked at your food and exercise diaries. You might want to eat less carbs and maybe eat healthier snacks. Adam's natural peanut butter is better for you. The Jiff stuff has alot of fat. A good snack is air popped popcorn. You can have 6 cups and it fills you up good. I don't put butter on it. I'll spray it with some olive oil pam spray, sprinkle with garlic salt, toss and do it one more time. Also, those little sweet peppers are good sliced in half with a small amount of neufchatel cheese on them. It's like cream cheese but with 1/3 of the fat. Tastes just like cream cheese. Hope this helps.
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 544 Member
    Eat 20% below your TDEE to burn fat and lose weight at a sustainable pace
    Eat below your BMR and lose lean muscle tissue

I eat 1800-2000 calories a day and I am still losing weight. It can be done! :)
  • I only have 15 pounds to lose. I started the first of January and am down 8 pounds today. The first couple of weeks I ate my exercise calories because I was hungrier. It takes time for your stomach to shrink. Now, for the most part, I don't eat my workout calories. I've noticed that people who have more to lose, see the pounds come off faster. Stick with it and you won't regret it. 8 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty good...especially the healthier way to do it.
  • Ok, I've been thinking about this and kind of confused. My goal is 1200 cal too and I'm not sure how to go about this. Should I eat above that and then work out a lot to burn off the amount I go over? Eating just 1200 cal and then working out on top of that doesn't sound right. I wouldn't say I'm tiny, I have an average body with excess :) I just need to loose one pant size and tone up. Can anybody help me?????

I only have 15 pounds to lose. I started the first of January and am down 8 pounds today. The first couple of weeks I ate my exercise calories because I was hungrier. It takes time for your stomach to shrink. Now, for the most part, I don't eat my workout calories. I've noticed that people who have more to lose, see the pounds come off faster. Stick with it and you won't regret it. 8 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty good...especially the healthier way to do it.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Ok I have taken notes from all this great advice so I can look all this up and see whats gonna work for me, this is day 6 and I'm still just as excited and atleast trying to eat healthy even if I have some work to do. I was looking at the website I was given with high protien foods and found a lot that I like, the only problem is a lot of them seem to be loaded with carbs too or maybe I am just looking at it wrong. I'm gonna obsess less about eating only 1300 calories and just focus on the nutrition part of it and my work outs.

Oh and according to this website my bmr is 1244 so I know now I want to eat no less then that a day, correct?
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    What I have discovered is Turkey Jerky!! It has lots of protein but lower in calories and fat, and I like to just munch on it! But I don't feel like you need to eat much to satisfy you! It's a little expensive, around $5 or $6 a pack, like Jack Links, but I've decided to splurge on healthy foods...rather than saving money I'd like to save fat.
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    Also, I was told from a personal trainer-like person (I never know her exact title!) that I should have 80 - 100 grams of protein a day, much more than the site may say I should have. So I try not to worry about going over protein, I feel like it really does make you feel full longer. Oh, a friend from work found a recipe on a body builders site for turkey muffins that are low cal yet high protein, that I thought were also delicious.
  • AmyM713
    That sounds really good, I will have to look into that.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Add a salad when you're hungry and track you sodium instead of sugar ( because your sugar is coming from good sources). Sugar is included in your carb count.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    soup helps me have that full feeling for awhile, and oatmeal too. If you are only eating 1200, your body might be holding on to fat.
  • AmyM713
    Ok replaced sugar count with my sodium, what does it mean if I'm over what the website says I can have how much is way to much?
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    I eat six times a day to keep my sugar even and it keeps me full.