300 calorie supper?

Options
buffjess
buffjess Posts: 382
ok after i eat lunch i will have 350 calories left to play with..So if i eat a 50 cal snack that leaves me 300..Anyone know a 300 calorie supper that I could cook??? Please help!!:sad:

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    ok after i eat lunch i will have 350 calories left to play with..So if i eat a 50 cal snack that leaves me 300..Anyone know a 300 calorie supper that I could cook??? Please help!!:sad:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Maybe an eggwhite omlette and whole wheat toast?? Stuff the omlette with veggies! :tongue:
  • lmclarty
    lmclarty Posts: 11
    Options
    Grilled chicken and steamed veggies are my go to when I only have 300 left. Chicken breast is approx. 120 and veggies can vary but it never goes over 250.

120591.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    On days where I'm left with a few calories, I go for an entire can of Cambell's Harvest Select Low Cal Veggie soup at 100 cals. I add in some more corn and if I have cals left over, have it with Special K Crackers. Yum! :smile:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Grilled Cheese Sandwhich on light whole wheat bread, and fat free cheese. I add a piece of fruit and some baby carrots, and you have your meal for 300 cals.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Have 2 cups of steamed veggies to fill up about half your plate for about 80-90 calories. 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans are 120 calories ... or if you prefer meat, 2 chicken tenderloins are 110 calories. Then you can have half a whole wheat english muffin for 65 with a tablespoon of tofutti for 30.

If you prefer to have more carbs, have the 2 cups of steamed veggies and try half the beans or chicken with 1 serving of whole wheat couscous.
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I just had a 300 calorie lunch which was great. It was an Eating Right Orange Chicken Meal from Hannaford. It filled me right up and for a frozen dinner, it was pretty darn good
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cooking light magazine has tons of choices. You can search for recipes at myrecipes.com, just be aware that this website lists recipes for lots of magazines. To find cooking light ones, use the "enhanced search" which allows you to specify cooking light. Some of our favorites include:

Drunken Stir-Fried Beef with green Beans (202 calories per serving)
    Chicken Picadillo (257 calories per serving)
    Aunt Liz's Chicken Spaghetti Casserole (261 calories per serving)
    Thai-Style Sirt-Fried Chicken (271 calories per serving)

You should be able to search for these by name with no problem.

Tim
  • JillDavisWright
    JillDavisWright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Roasted asparagus and Grilled chicken breast.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    4oz chix breast sliced in small strips simmered with free italian salad dressing, then toss in a little water and all the collards or cabbage you want and let 'er work for 20 mins. Serve with a slice of wheat bread and a glass of Splenda tea. Mmmmmm.
  • mgcourt
    mgcourt Posts: 4
    Options
    That does sound super good! I love collards.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The best life diet, orange glazed chicken with rosemary. Its 180 calories just add what ever vegetable you like to go with it.... Its delicious!!!