Tortilla lover in need of assistance :)

Options
I love flour tortillas ( Tia Rosa and Mission). I love the flavor, perfect pull apart thickness, and the soft texture, but not the cals (110-120) or fat. I am not a fan or wraps because of the texture, they are thinner and usually break when you fold them. Does anyone know a tortilla that is soft, tastes good and is lower in calls and fat?

Thanks!!

Replies

• oceanchristy
    Options
    weight watchers makes a flour tortilla that is 90 cal's...
    I often use pita breads.. they are lower in calories too .. and if you cut them at one end you can stuff ingredients in it... like a pocket...
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    We have Kroger grocery stores, and they have a flour tortilla that is 98% fat free. It's not bad; I use it to make veggie tacos!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I get the Mission no lard soft taco size, it has 120 cals and 3g of fat. I'm not sure how you cut tortilla calories since they are basically flour and water, some have lard or more oil than others so you can find one's that have less. I'd say the smaller the tortilla the smaller the calories if you really want to cut calories.
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good to know about WW! Thanks. I eat them everyday so a little adds up :) i have a Kroger too, will stop in and check!
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nope. Change is hard, and there isn't anything out there that even comes close to the real deal. I suggest using what you love in moderation. You can work a tortilla into your daily calories, carbs and fats once in a while. I use lettuce, or just omit the tortilla in my meal if I can't fit it in. Also, I've used 1/2 a tortilla before and used it as a salad topper, tostada bottomer, or side to dip so I don't feel deprived. Find your balance and work it. Diet food sucks. Stick with the real stuff and use it wisely. :wink:
  • love2cycle
    Options
    Nope. Change is hard, and there isn't anything out there that even comes close to the real deal. I suggest using what you love in moderation. You can work a tortilla into your daily calories, carbs and fats once in a while. I use lettuce, or just omit the tortilla in my meal if I can't fit it in. Also, I've used 1/2 a tortilla before and used it as a salad topper, tostada bottomer, or side to dip so I don't feel deprived. Find your balance and work it. Diet food sucks. Stick with the real stuff and use it wisely. :wink:
  • love2cycle
    Options
    I think she's right; on some things that you really like, you can't mess around with taste!
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes its probably true. I am a purist when it comes to my tortillas, and I am sure I'd be a thinner women if I didn't enjoy them so much :)