* 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (20 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
* 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.

Add garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in skillet and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in basil and tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Return the shrimp to pan and cook just until heated through.
Per Serving:

Calories 260; Total Fat 10 g; (Sat Fat 1.5 g, Mono Fat 5 g, Poly Fat 2 g); Protein 30 g; Carb 6 g; Fiber 1 g; Cholesterol 215 mg; Sodium 215 mg

Excellent source of: Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium

Good source of: Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Zinc

EK0513_Garlic-Basil-Shriimp_med.jpg

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Garlic Basil Shrimp

2008, Ellie Krieger, All rights reserved

Prep Time:
    15 min
    Inactive Prep Time:
    hr min
    Cook Time:
    10 min

Level:
    Easy

Serves:
    4 servings, serving size: 1 cup

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons olive oil
    * 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (20 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
    * 3 garlic cloves, minced
    * 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
    * 3/4 cup dry white wine
    * 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
    * 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
    * Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.

Add garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in skillet and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in basil and tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Return the shrimp to pan and cook just until heated through.
    Per Serving:

Calories 260; Total Fat 10 g; (Sat Fat 1.5 g, Mono Fat 5 g, Poly Fat 2 g); Protein 30 g; Carb 6 g; Fiber 1 g; Cholesterol 215 mg; Sodium 215 mg

Excellent source of: Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium

Good source of: Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Zinc

EK0513_Garlic-Basil-Shriimp_med.jpg
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    *drool* So when I hire you as my own personal chef...this on the menu right? :love:
  • tyheamma
    tyheamma Posts: 10
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    *drool* So when I hire you as my own personal chef...this on the menu right? :love:
    But of course!! :wink: :laugh:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I just :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: anything with shrimp and garlic!!! I will be trying this recipe over the weekend once I go food shopping to pick up the ingrediants. Thanks Tammy! :drinker: