Bras?

Options
wdwghettogirl
wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
Throwing out a random question... for any of you ladies that wear shirts, or dresses, with the one shoulder style... how do you wear a bra with that? lol I've seen so many cute tops and dresses with that style, but I'm not all about letting the girls fly free... so how do you wear a bra with a one shouldered top? Strapless bra? Those (to me) feel like there's not really any support. Just curious. :)

Replies

• sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    There are good strapless bras :-) You gotta make the investment but it opens up a lot of options clothing-wise!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    There are bras that have removable/convertible straps. So you can criss cross them in the back, or connect one strap from one side to the other to accomodate one shoulder shirts. I have one that I got at Target that has great support and convertible straps.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Strapless... or Without all together... Depends on the fabric.
  • wdwghettogirl
    Options
    There are bras that have removable/convertible straps. So you can criss cross them in the back, or connect one strap from one side to the other to accomodate one shoulder shirts. I have one that I got at Target that has great support and convertible straps.

Really? What brand is the one you bought? I may have to look into that. Thanks!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

This, I cant stand strapless because youre always trying to lift or adjust, or I am, unless I suffocate my boobs, I havent found a good one, I like support
  • mybeach27
    Options
    I have a very large chest (36DD), so I invested in a "corset" that hooks and is strapless ($80), and I found mine in a bridal shop because all the other strapless only fall down to my ankles by the end of the night...and a plus is that it tucks in your tummy too! :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    Options
    I have a very large chest (36DD), so I invested in a "corset" that hooks and is strapless ($80), and I found mine in a bridal shop because all the other strapless only fall down to my ankles by the end of the night...and a plus is that it tucks in your tummy too! :)

SEE! Like your fabulous purple dress! That's what I'm talking about. SO super cute...

I have a Victoria Secret "corset" type strapless, but I think the cups will be too big on me now... I've lost some in the boob area (HOORAY!!). I guess I have to drag myself out *sigh* bra shopping. *shudder!*
  • mybeach27
    Options
    Haha thank you very much! (I was actually wearing it in that picture) but I had gotten it for a wedding I was in a few years ago and my breasts got bigger, so I was having boob muffintop syndrome, but im hoping that "twins" will shrink as I lose weight and that I will fit into it again...Wish i had your problem! :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    Options
    HAHA Boob muffin top... I love it! I always call it "quad-ra-boob".
    I got mine for a wedding also. It was spendy, but I've used it for a few other events as well (including my own wedding), so I guess it's paid for itself.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't wear 1-shoulder dresses, but I do wear backless dresses. I don't like sticky boobs, so I bought one of those convertible bras that can be worn 20 different ways or something. The straps come off if you're wearing something sleeveless, or there's an extra thing that hooks on to the back so you can wrap it around yourself for something backless (and a whole bunch of other ways to wear it).