Having a melt down

Options
I've been working out and trying so hard to eat right for the last month and i seem to go up and down with my weight lost and im to the point where im crying, and can't stand looking in the mirror, i hate changing in front of my boyfriend and it's driving me insane, I know weight lost doesn't happen over night but in a month i figured i would have seen more results Does any one have ideas or advice on how to help me deal with this. Im beyond tired of being the fat mama! I need motivation and support! :cry:

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and trying so hard to eat right for the last month and i seem to go up and down with my weight lost and im to the point where im crying, and can't stand looking in the mirror, i hate changing in front of my boyfriend and it's driving me insane, I know weight lost doesn't happen over night but in a month i figured i would have seen more results Does any one have ideas or advice on how to help me deal with this. Im beyond tired of being the fat mama! I need motivation and support! :cry:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating back your workout calories? It may be that you aren't getting enough nutrients if you aren't getting enough calories.

If that isn't the case, sometimes you just get stuck at a certain point. Try to mix up your schedule.

We're all here for you!
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well even though I'm sure that you are making more progress than you think the key is to know that you are living a healthier lifestyle and making long term changes! Sometimes it just takes longer for some people! And to have 3 kids I think you are doing great! Just keep up the hard work and make sure that you are exercising and drinking plenty of water! And stay out of the kid's snacks...I know they are good! I'm sure that your man thinks that you are beautiful and so do your boys! Just keep moving forward and don't let it stress you out!...that will only make you want to eat more!

Good Luck!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A month really isn't very long. Four pounds lost would be a fabulous result in just a month, kwim?

That said, if this was happening to me I'd make sure I was realistically logging all of my food. And I would increase my exercise intensity.

If you still haven't lost weight in another month, it might be best to see a doctor and make sure there isn't an underlying condition causing this.
  • skuzie1986
    Options
    Try not to put negative energy into losing weight instead focus all your positive energy into eating well and really enjoying exercise and eating enough but not too much! Don't give up but don't focus on these negative feelings they can only keep holding you back from getting in shape.

Keep it up and don't get disheartened, life is too short!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You can do this, I promise!!! Give yourself some more time and I promise your work will pay off. What is your current exercise plan?
    I will say this- you are beautiful!!! I remember seeing one of your posts and thinking that you were so pretty :wink:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    You can do this, I promise!!! Give yourself some more time and I promise your work will pay off. What is your current exercise plan?
    I will say this- you are beautiful!!! I remember seeing one of your posts and thinking that you were so pretty :wink:

I try to do the biggest loser sculpting dvd and walking with the baby 3 times a week... Having three kids im not always able to take time out to work out! Im also eating about 1300 calories
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tammie-- I just looked at your profile-- you are absolutely beautiful-- I know hearing it and feeling it are two different things, but I'm awestruck. And your kids are adorable--

Just keep at it sweetie-- log your food, don't nibble the kids leftovers or eat off their plates, no absentminded handfuls of food here and there-- and keep going with your exercise-- you can do this.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Tammie-- I just looked at your profile-- you are absolutely beautiful-- I know hearing it and feeling it are two different things, but I'm awestruck. And your kids are adorable--

Just keep at it sweetie-- log your food, don't nibble the kids leftovers or eat off their plates, no absentminded handfuls of food here and there-- and keep going with your exercise-- you can do this.

Ditto - you are definitely a hottie!!

4 pounds is 4 pounds gone - be proud of it! You will lose more - be patient

Be sure you're eating enough, exercise and drink your water...and don't give up!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! Losing weight is such a hard thing.. But knowing im not alone helps...