Replies

• shell4short76
    shell4short76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com has a good selection.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

Yes-- thongs.

If it starts in your butt, it can't ride up, can it? That may sound like terrible logic, but if you steer away from G-strings and go more for what Victoria Secret sometimes calls a T-back (it is thicker back there) in cotton (I like the lace waist cotton ones) they are actually very comfy and totally invisible under even running tights.

I've seen women wearing the "seamless" underwear with their yoga pants or workout tights, and you can always tell. Nothing is truly invisible under tight pants, though my own personal experience.

I'll have to try those, too.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Now we know why gladiators were nude.
  • annie24342
    annie24342 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret makes yoga panties. If you wear thongs, buy the yoga thongs. I run in them, and it literally feels like you're wearing nothing. The hipsters and briefs are good too, but they do give me a wedgie
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    They make running shorts that have underwear built in so it doesn't ride up. That's what I use, I love it. :) Go to a running store.

^^this... or if I'm home, no undies :smile:
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My Nike shorts have them built in. But they are so so really, once you get all hot and you sweat they can start slowly riding up you:/ Maybe if they were a bigger size maybe not.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thongs all the way.

They feel like perennial wedgies in the beginning. But you get used to them...
  • kirstenak
    kirstenak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes-- thongs.

If it starts in your butt, it can't ride up, can it? That may sound like terrible logic, but if you steer away from G-strings and go more for what Victoria Secret sometimes calls a T-back (it is thicker back there) in cotton (I like the lace waist cotton ones) they are actually very comfy and totally invisible under even running tights.

I've seen women wearing the "seamless" underwear with their yoga pants or workout tights, and you can always tell. Nothing is truly invisible under tight pants, though my own personal experience.

Haha! this is exaclty what I was thinking.... G-strings in australia. Thongs are what you wear on your feet!
    Otherwise, as someone else suggested, get running shorts with built-in lining. Then you dont need to wear any underwear at all.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I think I have a pair of shorts with a lining. I had no idea that's why it existed..ha..
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    commando is the answer
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I hate trying to figure out how to discreetly fix a wedgie when I am the only female in the weight room with like ten or twelve guys!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Lingerie ;) lol

Why, is that what you wear to workout? LOL!!!

I don't feel like I'm working out unless my corset is restricting my intake of oxygen :P
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    hanes basic white briefs - the non-ride up kind work for me...

about $10 for a 6 pack..
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Under Armour is the way to go. Stays cool, wicks the sweat away, and doesn't bunch up.

I can't believe this was only recommended once. Think of their name "Under" "Armour". They specialize in under garments for working out, plus they are available in every sporting goods store.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Under Armour is the way to go. Stays cool, wicks the sweat away, and doesn't bunch up.

^ yes. this
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Under Armour has boy shorts & thongs
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: I don't wear underware @ the gym I free bird it. Just saying:laugh:
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Personally I think wearing a g string or thong *especially* to work out is not really hygienic. The issue that a lot of health professionals have with them in general is it can rub the back to the front. So if you are working out and moving around a lot, you have more chance of the transfer and getting a vag infection. Sorry to be blunt. I know a lot of girls wear them but they really aren't the best for your lady bits. Ecoli rubbing from your rear is not a good thing.

I want to get some under armour, but they are a bit pricey
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I still say go commando. Unless you poop while you are working out, I don't think it's gross at all. I tried all kinds of underwear, and it ended up being just one more layer of sweaty clothes when I was done. In fact, I sweat more with them on than off. Plus, they ride up and do all kind of funky things.

I say leave 'em at home.
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    They make running shorts that have underwear built in so it doesn't ride up. That's what I use, I love it. :) Go to a running store.
    ^^ these are awesome