Gaining it all back. :(

So last year (almost to the day) I was at my thinnest in my adult life and I looked and felt AMAZING. I even had two little abs making their way into my life. Oh how I miss those two little abs. I loved and cherished them every second I had them. But sadly, I neglected my adorable friends and they have now been destroyed. I have gained almost all of the weight I lost last year back and I hate myself for it. I started the new year off strong and ate healthy and exercised every day for two weeks but was hungry ALL THE TIME and I was so sick of it. I feel like when I am trying to lose weight I focus on what I am going to eat too much and then it just makes me hungry for no reason. I've tried all of the tricks but none of them seem to work. My graduation is in May and I don't want to be this fat when that comes. I want to be able to take pictures and actually WANT to look at them years from now (unlike high school). Now I am back in school, living on campus, working two jobs, and I am just wondering if I'll be able to stick with it this time. More than anything I just wanted to get that off my chest and maybe hear from anyone else struggling with the same issues or whom have experienced this in the past and overcome the struggles.

Stay fit my friends!

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    I'm sorry your post got lost in the threads. That is the only downside to so many threads; a few get lost along the way. I am reading stories like this every day in the forums, so you're definitely in the right place being here - it will let you get back on track, logging faithfully, and being able to spot patterns. Maybe this time you could try to slow down the changes some; a lot of people seem to do really well by taking this one step at a time - restructuring mealtimes, alternate condiments, lower-calorie versions of what they already enjoy, adding veggies to every meal (regardless of how unhealthy the meal is). Maybe step by step changes would be better accepted by your body and may help with hunger. Good luck :)
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Good luck, you've done it once, you can do it again x
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    I did the same thing lost 50 pds in 2008 kept it off but gained it all back and am having to work extra hard to lose it. May I suggest if you are feeling hungry increasing your calories. I was stuck in the mind frame that I had to eat 1200 calories to lose weight and its not true that is not a magical number and it is not for everyone. I increase my calories by a couple hundred and have had an easier time staying under my goal and for the most part I am still losing. It is not as fast as I would like but I was not losing at all when I was eating less!