Funny Gym Stories

Options
The other day i was running on the treadmill when the headphone in my ear shorted out and shocked me pretty good. I mean i thought i might have a burn mark in my ear! Totally surprised, i jumped and almost fell off the treadmill. I tried for a few seconds to keep running but i had to jump on the side rails, to regain my balance.

Finally when i was able to get my composure back, i peeked over my shoulder to see if anyone was looking. The room was completely filled with people and a bank of treadmills behind me were all in use. As i scanned the room, i noticed the other person looking at me and smirking. I knew he saw.

So i turned away and instead of being mortified by it i thought i would just laugh at how funny i must have looked to that guy. If I saw it i would chuckle too. Well this made me think that maybe some other people out there have funny stories too. I always enjoy a good story.

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i don't actually go to a gym.. i have zumba on the wii and i walk aorund my condo complex (about 4x around is 1 mile) .. so yesterday i was walking around, my music in my ears, really getting into my walk. normally there isnt many people around but today there was a cop parked in the church parking lot next door. so i'm walking on the sidewalk past the church and i stepped right into a swarm of bugs.. they flew up into my eyes and mouth, and i was waving my arms like crazy, i got my earphones all wrapped around my arm.. i get it under control and look over and the cop is just laughing his *kitten* off... i smiled and waved, put my earphones in and kept going :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I've responded to other posts like this, but I have a new one.

I was confused by my previous logs on MFP, so I punched a program into the treadmill at like 10 miles per hour, I think, and of course it started right up WAYYYY too fast. I was frantically trying to look for the emergency stop, but by accident I first touched a red circle that was holding the emergency cord, not the actual button. I had to jump to the side rails to prevent myself from being flung right off the back.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is from a few years ago and it didn't happen IN the gym, but as a result of going. I worked out at a work based gym and frequently saw our HR Director in there. He was a very friendly guy and we would chitchat and that's pretty much the only time we ever saw each other since we worked in completely different parts of the building. One day, I just happened to bump into him in the hallway when there were tons of other people around and he says to me "Well, it's strange to see you with all your clothes on!" I knew what he meant, but none of the people around us did - and talk about something awkward to come out of the mouth of a human resources person!
  • azarazar
    Options
    This is from a few years ago and it didn't happen IN the gym, but as a result of going. I worked out at a work based gym and frequently saw our HR Director in there. He was a very friendly guy and we would chitchat and that's pretty much the only time we ever saw each other since we worked in completely different parts of the building. One day, I just happened to bump into him in the hallway when there were tons of other people around and he says to me "Well, it's strange to see you with all your clothes on!" I knew what he meant, but none of the people around us did - and talk about something awkward to come out of the mouth of a human resources person!

That one gets my vote. :)
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I've been a disaster at the gym lol At one point, the guys at my 24 knew not to exercise near me! One time, starring at my iPod, I started the treadmill by mistake and ended up falling off. I had a sprained ankle for like a month and plenty of months of embarrassment lol. The worst was the seated row machine. I was on it and started getting tired so I loosen my grip on the handles and they slip. One of the handles comes off and hits a personal trainer in the face. I never went back lmao
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've been a disaster at the gym lol At one point, the guys at my 24 knew not to exercise near me! One time, starring at my iPod, I started the treadmill by mistake and ended up falling off. I had a sprained ankle for like a month and plenty of months of embarrassment lol. The worst was the seated row machine. I was on it and started getting tired so I loosen my grip on the handles and they slip. One of the handles comes off and hits a personal trainer in the face. I never went back lmao

This one gets my vote! I would be mortified about the row machine!