Feeling guilty, but I don't think I should be

Options
Ok, so when I first joined here, I decided that I would have six days of of eating healthy and not eat exercise calories, and then have one spike/cheat day. I did well with that for two weeks, but this week was a different story. On Monday, I ate dessert. It was only 200 calories and I was still under my calorie limit for the day so I didn't really mind. I thoroughly enjoyed that dessert!

Then yesterday I had an unforeseen dilemma where I was stuck at my tutoring job late and since I hadn't planned on being there so late, I didn't pack a dinner. The family who I tutor for were grateful that I stayed late so they gave me something to eat. Carrots (great) and a huge, calorie filled chocolate chip cookie (not so great). Well being polite, and starving, I ate the cookie. But in the back of my my mind, I knew that I had enough calories built up that it wouldn't be a huge deal. So I suppose I didn't start feeling truly guilty about this week until today.

Today I was craving some frozen yogurt. Since I found out that a half cup is only 100 calories, I seem to want it more often than normal lol. Well, I had my dessert, all taking into account that my spike day will have a much less substantial spike than normal.

A part of me feels like I've failed because I usually eat as clean as possible throughout the week until my spike day. On the other hand, I remained under my calorie limit everyday this week and I basically just need to chalk it up to life, and that you simply cannot plan and schedule everything. I'm also worried about my weigh-in tomorrow for all of these reasons. I know I just need to move on because tomorrow is another day, but I guess I just need a little extra support.

Replies

• hmb0626
    hmb0626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are still within your limits.. Like you said you can't plan for everything.. Some days are worse for me than others also. Working full time and a full time nursing student, I try and plan the best I can but at any given moment my plan will be blown apart. I just try to stay within my limits, and eat in moderation. Everyone deserves a cookie.