Increasing my calories

Options
I've been wearing a BodyMedia armband for a few weeks now and was surprised to find out I am burning an average of 800 calories a day more than I calculated using MFP tools and other calculators. I assumed I was sedentary, as I have a desk job, however, have been noticing that I actually move around quite a bit (probably as much as sitting down). My caloric deficit was an average of 1300 calories a day with consumption of 1200-1300 calories. I've read that we should not make it over 1000 to avoid putting body in starvation mode... So, I am increasing my minimum to 1500.. I am a little scared as all I've been hearing is "the more the deficit, the better the results", but I want to do this long-term. I am not in a rush to lose the weight, I just want to lose it forever. I am still scared though, as I've been doing pretty good before the scale got stuck 10 days ago... Any words of encouragement or advise is appreciated!!!

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I had the same exact thing happen I was lucky if I was neting 1200 calories got my bodybugg and said I should be eating at least 1700 calories so I changed it and in 1 week i've lost 5 lbs! I haven't lost 5lbs in a week since i started MFP! warning though i think the first 2 days that I changed my calories I was up some!

this is just my experience so far!