Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme Challenge?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm finishing up my last two weeks of turbo fire. It has been great! Over the past 20weeks I lost over 35 pounds and a couple of inches (haven't taken my final measurements) Im going to start doing Chalene Extreme program to build my muscles and tone my body. I feel that may have reached the max amount that I'm going to be a to lose doing just cardio.Time for me to start building muscle because I know that muscle burns more fat and I have a lot more fat to burn,lol!! If you want to join this  challenge with me great I need all   the help I can get! I plan to start this challenge on March 5 if you already have the program great! if you need to purchase a program I have included a link at the bottom to my website,you can also see my results from turbo fire so far. if you have any questions PM me.Thanks  I really need this help. 

If u are doing either program now add me as a friend!

http://beachbodycoach.com/ready2bfab

Replies

• Stephinow
    Options
    Oh, I am so in!!!! I'm so happy to be doing this with you! And I will be clicking on that link as soon as I can to get Chalean Extreme. Thanks, Ky, for starting this. You're awesome :)
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yea!! I'm glad you are doing this with me we are going to be on fire!!!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    I found it!!!
  • kyunda
    Options
    Yea good!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Okay, since we found the thread again -- Yay! -- I wanted to come on here and just kind of summarize my workout for the week. This was my first week on CLX. I started on Monday, and I have followed the routine with the exception of doing Abs Burner yesterday. I was getting up at 4 a.m. to workout but since the workouts were 30 minutes I decided to get up at 4:30, well then I was surprised to see that the cardio session was 45 min. and I didn't have enough time to do the Abs Burner workout.

Anywho, I am sore all over, but not hurt, you know. I can really feel those bowler lunge things on the side of my butt...LOL. I miss TF, but I'm thinking I'm going to do CLX by itself for 30 days and then start with the hybrid schedule.

Oh, I did discover that I need heavier weights. The heaviest weight I have now is 8 lbs, so I think I'm going to get some 10's and 12's, or maybe 10's and 15's.
  • kyunda
    Options
    That's good! I feel you on those bowler lunges!! Today is suppose to be the start of week 4 for me but i haven't been working out like i should so i am redoing week3.

Last Monday i added the greatest HIIT to the end of Burn 1, i think that's what i will do with Burn 1 and maybe burn 3. Since the weather is starting to warm back up i just joined Black girls run so i'm going to try to run with them 3 days a week....hopefully,lol
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I'm starting Week 2 of CE. I'm really loving this program. And realized that I could go heavier...started with 5 but now using the 7.5 and 10 lbs on most of them. I have the Powerblock adjustable weights that range from 5 - 50 lbs (so I'm doubting I will outgrow those - LOL). I also mix in cardio (TurboFire, TurboJam, Zumba, Gym, walking) and more flexibility training. I feel good after the workouts (energetic actually). I will know I have arrived when I can really do a regular pushup! :laugh:
  • kyunda
    Options
    Yesterday i did Burn 1 and HIIT 15...WHOA! My arms and legs are killing me. But i feel good. Today if the rain stops i'm going running for about 30-45mins(3miles).
  • kyunda
    Options
    Okay, since we found the thread again -- Yay! -- I wanted to come on here and just kind of summarize my workout for the week. This was my first week on CLX. I started on Monday, and I have followed the routine with the exception of doing Abs Burner yesterday. I was getting up at 4 a.m. to workout but since the workouts were 30 minutes I decided to get up at 4:30, well then I was surprised to see that the cardio session was 45 min. and I didn't have enough time to do the Abs Burner workout.

Anywho, I am sore all over, but not hurt, you know. I can really feel those bowler lunge things on the side of my butt...LOL. I miss TF, but I'm thinking I'm going to do CLX by itself for 30 days and then start with the hybrid schedule.

Oh, I did discover that I need heavier weights. The heaviest weight I have now is 8 lbs, so I think I'm going to get some 10's and 12's, or maybe 10's and 15's.

The heaviest that i'm using is 17.5. So on any given workout im using 10,12.5,15.17.5.. so yea you may need to up them!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Is Turbo Jam just as good? How should I stagger the workouts?
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want ladies i am doing TurboFire and CLX too :) I have been doing CLX since Dec and have lost 16 inches off my body. I just started adding turbofire in a few weeks ago for cardio :bigsmile:
  • kyunda
    Options
    Is Turbo Jam just as good? How should I stagger the workouts?

Turbo Fire is a level up from Turbo Jam, its a higher intense workout. I havent done turbo jam. Chalean is good about telling you what workouts to do when so just follow the program as it is and you just be fine...adding in more strength training when you are ready!

HTH
  • kyunda
    Options
    Add me if you want ladies i am doing TurboFire and CLX too :) I have been doing CLX since Dec and have lost 16 inches off my body. I just started adding turbofire in a few weeks ago for cardio :bigsmile:

GREAT!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Happy Sunday morning! Kyunda, don't you want to make this a "group"?:wink::flowerforyou:

I will be starting week 3 tomorrow. I've created my own CLX-TF hybrid schedule because I found that I don't really like the CLX cardio sessions or the recharge session, so I've replaced them with Fire classes, HIIT classes, and stretch classes.
  • kyunda
    Options
    Cool beans Steph! For you i will start a group!