Hey, where's my second shift friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on the not being motivated to do anything before work. I've worked all 3 shifts recently, and the worst part about 2nd is oversleeping/not doing a darned thing before work. My advice would be to pledge to yourself to be in bed by X hour and wake up after X hours of sleep to where you have a reasonable amount of time to get stuff done, and THEN set a goal of gym X times a week.

As for the food issue, definitely leave yourself some calories for when you get home, and figure out snacks that satisfy you during that time. Think about how good you've been ALL day and if it's worth it to throw it away.
  • nancifer74
    Options
    I have gained almost 50 pounds since being on 2nd shift:/
    I had lost close to 30 in 2011/2012 before my wedding and gained a bit back after. But I really packed in on when I came to 2nd.
    Any tips on controlling the binge eating before bed?
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's the worst (especially when your employer feeds you all the time). I've gained 10lbs since I started working 2nd shift 2 years ago. I find that meal prepping in advance has helped with the binge eating when I get home.
  • jenniferhanisch5
    jenniferhanisch5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I work three 12 hour shifts and they are from 7p to 7a. Every time around 3a I get the munchies like something fierce. Those three days I do not have the energy nor time to get in a full workout. I try to eat healthy but boy, is it tough! I try to pack healthy snacks but I have a vending machine that literately sits 30 feet away from me. It is mean and taunts me.

LOL This sounds so much like me!! I also work 6pm - 6 am and sit in front of a vending machine. I try to pack healthy snacks, popcorn, fruit, etc that I can sit at the desk with me. I also don't expect myself to work out those days. I work out the other 5 days a week and call it good. I also have an hour commute each way which adds to the day and by the time I get my youngest off to school dont even have time to sleep 8 hours