Recommendations needed - Heart Rate Monitor - UK

Options
I am looking for a heart rage monitor that accurately calculates calories burned whilst doing zumba (thats the only exercise I am likely to do). Can anyone recommend one please that I can purchase from the UK?

Replies

• AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Polar is a very reliable brand. I am waiting for my Polar FT7 to arrive any day now. I ordered it from amazon.co.uk - lot's of options for HRM and normally cheaper than the shops.
  • carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that Air I will look at it, but can anyone else add to this that has tried and tested one please?
  • carrieann1967
    Options
    Thank you for that Air I will look at it, but can anyone else add to this that has tried and tested one please?
  • carrieann1967
    Options
    I have looked at the Polar FT4F on-line but someone said you have to send it away for new batteries. Is this the case? How long do batteries last?
  • trinitymel1982
    Options
    I have just got a great one from Lloyds Pharmacy it was only £12 as there on sale at the moment (there usaly £20. it seems to be as good as the expencive one I lent off a friend.
  • Leanne169
    Options
    Hi, I have a Polar FT4 which I got for christmas. I love it! However I cant confirm about the batteries as it's pretty new sorry!
  • whitelilly1
    Options
    A few years ago I had the Polar F6 and according to the instructions you had to send the watch and transmitter off for new batteries, However I took it to my local Watch Hospital and they changed the batteries in the watch for me. 5 years later and I joined mfp so dug out my old Polar to find that the batteries in the watch were dead again and I wasn't sure about the transmitter since the watch wasn't working. I took both to the Watch Hospital and he said there was no way he could change the battery in the transmitter and it was £9 to change the one in the watch. Polar would charge around £25 for changing the transmitter one.
    I then decided for a matter of a £10 I could buy a newer model of the HRM and you now can change the batteries yourself in the watch and the transmitter . I bought a FT4 - a fairly basic model but counts calories which is good enough for my needs and on searching found the cheapest place online was base.com. It arrived within 3 days and I am very happy with it.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi, I recently got the polar ft4 - brilliant
    Really simple to set up (did it myself!!)
    Comfy strap
    Great watch (got the pink 1)
    & I took the back off the watch & strap thinking they wouldn't supply the batteries & they are both standard 2035's (the flat round batteries) so I would assume u could quite easily change yourself
    So, on that note - def would recommend after buying two previous, cheaper ones which were really hard to set up (got other half to do them) & to use wish I hadn't wasted my money & just got this one in the first place
    Bought mine from Amazon on a Wednesday night & it arrived in the post on the Friday
    Go for it :smile:
    Hope this helps xxx
  • ECoch
    ECoch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Polar FT4 (pink) which I have used for Zumba, found it really useful as it pushes me to work harder so I can see the calorie burnt number going up.
  • racmac
    racmac Posts: 81
    Options
    I have one from Tesco and its pretty good - it was only £15 I think.

I have changed battery once in 18 months and the battery was only £6
  • carrieann1967
    Options
    Thanks for that guys, I have been looking at the reviews as well as your advise and I think its a toss up between the Polar FT7 and the FT40.

Any preferences peeps?
  • carrieann1967
    Options
    Polar is a very reliable brand. I am waiting for my Polar FT7 to arrive any day now. I ordered it from amazon.co.uk - lot's of options for HRM and normally cheaper than the shops.
    Thanks I ended up with a Polar FT7 in the end (red and silver) which I had for my birthday. Can't wait to try it out.