Hi.

Options
My name is Jacki, I am 36 & a mother/wife. I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have a back injury that has taken me out of the workforce perhaps for good. I can not stand or sit for more than a few mins at a time, so it restricts my job options. But for some reason the high impact dancing of Zumba helps my pain. I'm in pain 24/7 :sad: , until I do my workout. Then I am not only happy but not in pain for some strange reason.

24lbs gone (11kg for those who upgraded to Metric lol) and all in less than 2 months. I'm loving the fact I have dropped 3 dress sizes. I was a size 20 and now am a size 14. I owe it all to this app on my phone & my fave exercise in disguise..... Zumba. I'm addicted to it. I workout every single day even if I don't feel like it, because I KNOW I have to do it. I know I'm the only one who can get my weight off. I have 20kg to go. I'm 83kg as of today.

Replies

• suziesue9
    suziesue9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacki, well done you....I too have a back injury and off to physio in half an hour. I know how you feel although mine doesnt sound half as bad as your injury. I've got 2 kids and live in England but I am originally from Scotland. Have put on weight in the last few years and every time I try and exercise I end up in agony. I am now too scared to exercise but my physio is working on that. This is my first diet day so I am looking forward to the challenge...good luck with it all. regards Suziesue.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I gave up on physio. For me it was just not working. Now because the only thing that was working was my painkillers I have a codeine addiction. I need to get off that so when I decided to take up Zumba, I knew it could not make things worse. I was surprised that I did not get hurt more & in fact take my panadine forte heaps less now.

Hope your physio can help you with the exercise part. Just remember to relax :)
  • jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another ZUMBA enthusiast! That's a part of my exercise plan as well!! Plus like you, I do it 6-7 days a week. Please feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I am so tired from it though. I can only do 30 mins at a time cause my back just cant let me do more, but yeah I'm kinda addicted.