Typical Food Consumption

Options
What do you all eat on a typical day? I'm trying to get some ideas.
(i'm vegetarian btw)

Replies

• FuXiaxue
    FuXiaxue Posts: 18
    Options
    (i'm vegetarian btw)
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Some ideas (I'm a lacto-ovo veg., too)

Whole Grain waffles w/ Almond butter
    Oatmeal
    Fruit
    Eggs/Egg Beaters
    Laughing Cow cheese
    Arnold Select Sandwich Thins (Little "buns")

Whole wheat pasta
    Greens
    Lots of veggies

Homemade pizzas w/ Trader Joe's Whole Wheat crust

I look at the recipes on here and at www.recipezaar.com and search vegetarian...LOTS of ideas!
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    If you can't exercise, then you really have to chose nutrient dense food. You should keep it simple: 5-9 fruits and veggies, Good proteins such as chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, beans, nuts, (1 each meal), complex carbs such as 100% whole grain breads and pastas, brown rice, cereals, old fashioned oats. 8 -8oz glasses of water every day. Here's a sample day:

B= 1/2 c oats, 1tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 c milk (skim), strawberries

snack= 1 apple, 1/8 cup walnuts

L= 4oz chicken breast tenderloin, 2 cups salad, 1tbsp. olive oil w/vinegar, OR 1 cup veggies, and 1 slice ww toast w/ apple butter, 1/2 c milk

snack= celery w 1tbsp peanut butter

D= baked salmon 4 oz, 1-2 c veggies, ww toast OR brown rice OR pasta

You can do this in 1300 cals per day. This is a smple of what i eat on a good day. Hope that helps.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, too!

Things I eat daily:

Natural Oats (add sweet and low and a little cinnamon or fresh berries for a good homemade oatmeal)
    Hardboiled Eggs - low calorie snack with protein, very healthy
    Granola Bars - Quaker Chewy 00 calories bars - good snack
    Morning Star products - instead of real meat, much healthier, I eat the Chik'n Nuggets
    Low Fat Peanut Butter - good for curbing hunger, add a little jelly and some wheat bread to make a healthier PB&J
    Canned Vegetables
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    (i'm vegetarian btw)

hummus is amazing you should get some carrots and hummus!!!
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    im also a vegetarian:smile:

breakfats I eat a banana or grapefruit

for lunch some times i eat a english muffin( whole wheat) with a little pizza sause on it and some cheese

for dinner My fav thing to eat is a chick pea salad with spinach ,onions, tomatoe and ranch dressing oh its so yummy!!
    i also love to grill my veggies
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Wow! Great suggestions. I also drink coconut water, eat avocados, peas, broccoli with my oatmeal for breakfast. :smile:
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Naner - that chickpea salad sounds great! I'm going to have to try it.
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too!! (and surprised to find others on the site to be honest)

a normal day for me could look like this:

breakfast - fruit or a Quaker rice cake (if i know i'm doing a killer work out i spread 1 tbsp on natural peanut butter on it)
    lunch - i LOVE salads and go for those during lunch 3 to 5 times a week. or i'll change it up with half a PB&J or half a cheese sandwich (I use the non-diary cheese, and it's good!)
    dinner - i love expirimenting in the kitchen so I enjoy throwing together some sort of pasta (NEVER too much though, i measure that out perfectly), then frozen mixed veggies and about half a cup of red kidney beans for protein. It's VERY good (i actually just had it for dinner tonight) :bigsmile:

I'll also throw in a snack here and there depending on how much time I have to actually eat. My snacks range anywhere from nuts or veggies or dried fruit (so good) or sometimes I'll make my own trail mix and splash mini chocolate chips in there because they aren't high in calories and help my sweet tooth

hope this helped!!!!
  • AshBear
    AshBear Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too! (actually a vegan)

Have you ever tried "gimme lean" sausage? It's completely vegetarian, very low fat and low cal and DELICIOUS!