Trying to lose for Italy trip!

Options
So I'm new here, and new to dieting and stuff. I'm a senior in highschool and i wanted to lose weight (at least5 lbs) before my Italy and Greece trip. My fear isn't that i wont lose anything, but that when i get to italy/greece that i'll see all these super yummy foods and i'll just stuff my face the whole time i'm there!

Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent that from happening? I'm not going until March 9th, but I'm still worried :P

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The food in Italy and Greece are very good for you if you eat like the locals, I would go enjoy myself and hit the gym when you get back!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have been losing for my upcoming annual trip to Jamaica. With all the pina coladas and desserts at the 5 star resort we stay at I always put on 5-10 pounds :( I will be hitting the gym everyday if possible at the resort!

I am planning on just doing what I am doing now when I get back to get off what I gain plus try to lose more! :smile:

Good Luck to you!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome!

Any weight you gain in Italy is going to be MOSTLY water weight, and a lot of it will come right off after you start eating clean and exercising at home again.

With that being said, how often do you get to go to ITALY? Holy crap. Indulge a bit! Perhaps you could eat 2 sensible meals a day, and then splurge on 1. You could even mix it up. Have a decadent breakfast one day, a really amazing lunch the next, and a succulent dinner the next night. Knowing you have a meal to look forward to helps you to make better decisions at the other meals. But heck, don't deprive yourself. I hear the food there is AMAZING!