My 600 lb life - mental attitude...

Options
I was watching TLC's "My 600 pound life" and saw the one recently with the 34 year old man who ended up with a chronic disease during weightloss but I kept seeing the same pattern in him I see in myself on a smaller scale.

That people minimize the mental improvement you have from eating "clean". I'm amazed at how much clearer I think, how much more I'm able to cope with life's ups and downs' and it isn't because i'm thin or stealth. My brain cannot function on junk food, bad eating habbits and no hydration. I literally had no idea how cloudy life was before I started this January treating my body with respect.

That said - how many of you feel the same way? I saw that person on TLC have a great attitude during weightloss - as soon as his mother started feeding him junk he went south, in a really bad way. His fiancee left him and said he was a different person when gaining versus losing.

Does anyone else see this incredible gift from eating right?

Camay

6588791.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Well I've never eaten that much junk food, so I can't comment on how cloudy my life was before eating clean.
    I just saw the title of your post and wanted to talk about that My 600-lb life show.
    I watched that episode and was so pissed off at the mother. She's the worst enabler. She admitted that she's an emotional eater and kept feeding her son junk food. When he got to his lowest weight (I think in the 200s), she said ''at last, he can eat 2 tacos. we need to put some meat back on his bone''. WTF!!!! It's her fault. It all started when he was young. He said he weighed 105 lbs at 5 years old!!!!!!! A toddler is NOT supposed to be fat like that. He developed bad habits and she kept enabling him.
    I could write a way longer rant about that woman! I better stop here. She pisses me off so much.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I was so glad his episode only lasted an hour because it was hard to watch.

And yes, I can tell a difference in my mental clarity and psychological functoning when I am eating healthy foods. However, I find it easy to slip back into eating poorly and feeling cloudy again because it is what I am used to. I hope to change this cycle.
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    I can't tell you enough about the natural energy I have. I used to just want to go home and veg because of how I ate. I am not bloated or irritated. I have a mental clarity that I have never had before. It took me 30 years to finally realize that what I was putting into my body was destroying my abiltiy to function.
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    it didnt help that his mom was practically shoving tacos down his throat. I think it was the drugs that really put him in the hospital I mean it was 3 years after surgery! so you can't really be like "I had surgery complications 3 years later".

my dad had Gastric Bypass (he was 450lbs) and died within the month (this was back in 2001, they have way better technology now)
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I ate fairly healthy before so I haven't notice more energy or mental clarity tied to more nutritious food. I have noticed more energy on the days that I exercise. My body and my back feels so much better on the day I exercise and the day after. Now I have to try to fit exercise in on more than 3 days a week. I have also noticed that caffeine makes me scatterbrained so I am trying to limit the caffeine. I haven't seen that show, it sounds really disturbing that his Mom set him on a cycle of eating for the wrong reasons, stuffing him, and continues to try to cycle him back into these self-destructive behaviors when he is trying to break out. Beak out dude, run!