scale isn't moving!!

I workout hard...really hard. 6 to 7 days a week...i have lighter days where my workouts are hard but i don't burn as many calories or use weights and there are days i spinning for 55 mins then lift weights for 45 and burn mega calories...But the numbers on the scale just arent moving...I was trying to lose 2 pound a week and i am fine with actually loosing just a pound but nothing at all for almost a 1 1/2 weeks? what am i doing wrong? when i started back in jan i had a goal to loose 20 pounds (i would be happy with 10-15) by March 11 (we leave for vacay) but i just dont see that happening. i know as i get smaller the harder i have to work to loose but i need help, tips, motivation to keep going anything you got for me i will do!! thanks

oh i am 28 f 5 6 and cw 148 sw 155 gw 130-135
thanks again

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I workout hard...really hard. 6 to 7 days a week...i have lighter days where my workouts are hard but i don't burn as many calories or use weights and there are days i spinning for 55 mins then lift weights for 45 and burn mega calories...But the numbers on the scale just arent moving...I was trying to lose 2 pound a week and i am fine with actually loosing just a pound but nothing at all for almost a 1 1/2 weeks? what am i doing wrong? when i started back in jan i had a goal to loose 20 pounds (i would be happy with 10-15) by March 11 (we leave for vacay) but i just dont see that happening. i know as i get smaller the harder i have to work to loose but i need help, tips, motivation to keep going anything you got for me i will do!! thanks

oh i am 28 f 5 6 and cw 148 sw 155 gw 130-135
    thanks again

YOu aren't eating enough and trying to over extend your body. It's not really possible to try to lose 2 lbs a week with only 20 lbs to go. In fact, you should be around .5 lbs a week (see below guidelines). Also, make sure you are eating back at least 50-75% of your exercise calories. I know it sound counter intuitive but food is fuel, eat more to lose more.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.