Running: may be an odd question but...

Options
Ok so I have a running sports bra and running socks that are not cotton so they wick away moisture and that is all great...

My husband has a pair of boxers that do the same thing.

Do they make underwear for women that are like this? My cotton ones feel all wet and gross after I'm done. I haven't been able to find any though.

Replies

• LauraMyny
    LauraMyny Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good question! I would like to know too!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That's a good question, I'd be curious to know that.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike compression shorts with no underwear under my running shorts (any spandex shorts would probably do). They work great. It's so much better than the yucky underwear.

Here's the link: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-262893/pgid-262895
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My first thought would be how about something like underarmour/compression shorts? You could wear other shorts/pants over top of them. I seem to see women wear that often. Just a thought.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe they actually do. I think Nike has underwear in several different styles that you can buy. I have seen them at my local sports store in the running department but have never actually checked them out.

Hope this helps :happy:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, almost every major athletic company makes running underware. Go to your local sporting goods or athletic store. They are usually expensive 10-20$ a pair fyi
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Gah, why haven't I thought of this? I need some too. Off to google now b/c it would be great to have these!
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    they do! Go to amazon and search moisture wicking underwear women.....
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    They sure do, these are the only ones I have been able to find. They are shaped more like a boy short, but it works.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/underwear/underwear-bottoms#products
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do. I got some a couple of years ago on campmor.com (a discount outdoors website). Do a search for wicking panties and you'll come up with some sources.

Good luck. BTW, if you haven't made the switch to running socks from cotton socks, do that, too!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Me too.

OK. So I had to look it up.

Apparently you can...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Exofficio-Travel-Underwear-Womens-Bikini-Brief-Wicking-Small-Black-/150705881245?pt=AU_Travel_Acc&hash=item2316c5409d

Now I guess it's just a matter of finding some to buy. Maybe at a sporting goods store?
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good question, I usually change mine after running for that exact reason and take a shower. I will look into some of these options some other people have listed. Running makes me sweaty from head to toe, especially longer runs.
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    Get a pair of the compression shorts they are awesome that is what I wear when I run and they are wonderful.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't wear cotton while running, because when it gets wet, it clings, and when it clings, it rubs. If you run long enough, it will rub you raw, which is not a problem until you get into the shower, then comes the real pain. Been there, done that, never again
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Exofficio has a moisture wicking underwear. You can look them up on line. I have been pleased with them. Hanes said they were coming out with a womens underwear that was moisture wicking.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I know you can get Moving Comfort sports underwear (they make sports bras too). I'm sure other manufacturers do it too.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't wear cotton while running, because when it gets wet, it clings, and when it clings, it rubs. If you run long enough, it will rub you raw, which is not a problem until you get into the shower, then comes the real pain. Been there, done that, never again

Been there and walked like John Wayne for a bit! :laugh:
    It never occurred to me though that you could get specific underwear for running though!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

YEP, me too. I started going commando, and love it so much better. (TMI?)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Many ladies wear men's underwear when engaged in activities like running.
    No biggie...:bigsmile: