Can you eat to much chicken?

Options
I am so stuck. I have chicken pretty much every day anymore. Is it healthy to eat chicken breast once a day? I typically eat it plain or w/very little on it. Other than fish, what else do you eat several times a week instead of chicken? I don't really eat beef or turkey either. Yeah, I was a picky eater as a kid (and apparently as an adult).

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I ate like 3 4oz chicken breasts 2 days ago. I prettty much end up eating 1 breast a day. Also sometimes 1 can of tuna in olive oil a day too. Can't honestly say if it's bad but I need the protein and i have to eat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Funny how people have come to believe that boneless, skinless chicken breast is the heathier for them.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you're in pain, it's too much. If you have a medical issue with processing too much protein, you need to keep it in check. Otherwise, eat up! I don't eat beef much anymore and really dislike pork, so I eat chicken and salmon a lot, mostly chicken. It's versatile and I like it so I eat it a lot. :-) As long as you don't have any special considerations like kidney problems, you're good to go. :-) You don't have to eat it plain though, you can add some flavor to it with salsa, pasta sauce, mustard, marinade, lots of wonderful things to make it more interesting. I also like to add chicken to my baked pastas with lots of veggies and cheese.... mmmmm...... protein.....
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    You can eat too much chicken, if you get sick of it! Otherwise, not really.

Do you eat pork? Pork chops are another excellent and lean type of meat. I like it in stir-fry, marinated (a good rosemary and lemon juice is great), or just grilled.

Learn to broaden your horizons a little. Makes a huge difference in you eating.