My NSV's!

Options
Yesterday - I ran a half mile! I hated running all my life - mostly because I would get winded so easily, and I felt like I looked like an idiot while doing it. I started on January 6 getting on our treadmill faithfully every other day and going about 2 miles. I started the C25K about 2 weeks ago (started on week 3 since I had already surpassed the training in weeks 1 and 2 on my own). I had a really crappy day yesterday at work, and decided to take my stress out on the treadmill last night, and I ran a half mile!

Also - while I have only dropped about 10 lbs so far, I have lost inches. My pants are almost all too big. I have also had several people tell me that they can tell I lost weight.

My biggest NSV is the way *I* am feeling about myself. I am so proud of myself for not giving up and continuing to push myself when it gets tough, and when the scale doesn't say what I want it to. I *am* going to run (not walk!) a 5k this year. And, this early in the game, with the results that I have seen so far in my stamina and endurance alone, I know I will reach my goals!

Replies

• lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So happy and excited for you! Love the NSV's! I actually just printed off a Pooch to 5k training guide myself yesterday...want to get my lazy dog acclimated to running with me! We could both use more of that exercise. He will love it...eventually! Congrats again!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:drinker:
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are doing great, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!