eggs benedict

Options
codykitty
codykitty Posts: 729
Does anyone have a lo cal, modified recipe for eggs benedict? They are my favorite!

Replies

• codykitty
    Options
    Does anyone have a lo cal, modified recipe for eggs benedict? They are my favorite!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    eat the real thing and exercise to make up for it
    be real in a real world
  • codykitty
    Options
    grrrrrr
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    I poach two eggs on top of a thin slice of ham (1 oz) on top of toasted english muffin. Same thing without the sauce. Good protein load.
  • Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    Options
    I use the hungry girl recipe, I dont have it handy but go to hungrygirl.com and search for eggs bendict - it's there and it's delicious.

-L
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    be real in a real world

there is no local substitution for Eggs Benedict....I'm with Dave. Enjoy the real thing on ocassion, and do the cardio to make up for it. There is no low cal substitute for excellent hollendaise.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    be real in a real world

Most egg benedict recipes at any cafe will cost you 600+ calories. It's not unreasonable to find lighter solutions to favorite meals and cut back on unnecessary fat. I agree that you shouldn't deprive yourself from eating out from time to time, but finding lighter solutions is a better route to go and you shouldn't exercise just to eat extra.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/16605--hollandaise-sauce?hl=hollandaise+sauce#posts-136274

Here is a light hollandaise sauce recipe. Ham, a whole grain English Muffin, eggs, and a little of this sauce & you're good to go!! Best of luck!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    be real in a real world

Most egg benedict recipes at any cafe will cost you 600+ calories. It's not unreasonable to find lighter solutions to favorite meals and cut back on unnecessary fat. I agree that you shouldn't deprive yourself from eating out from time to time, but finding lighter solutions is a better route to go and you shouldn't exercise just to eat extra.

oh baloney
    exercise to eat
    that is what life is
    have fun!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    be real in a real world

oh baloney
    exercise to eat
    that is what life is
    have fun!

Wow-- you are rapidly becoming my hero-- :laugh:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    be real in a real world

oh baloney
    exercise to eat
    that is what life is
    have fun!

It's spelled bologna... you remember the song, don't you?
    My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
    My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R
    I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why, I'll say....
    'Cuz Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • codykitty
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/16605--hollandaise-sauce?hl=hollandaise+sauce#posts-136274

Here is a light hollandaise sauce recipe. Ham, a whole grain English Muffin, eggs, and a little of this sauce & you're good to go!! Best of luck!

thanks!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    eggs benechic it's a quick and healthy way of making eggs benedict and I :heart: it!!!!

1/2 light english muffin
    1 t lemon yogurt
    1 t dijionaisse mustard
    1 t softened light butter
    1 T light mayo
    1 large egg
    1 slice low calorie ham

Boil water and place whole egg in boiling water cook 3-5 minutes
    Mix yogurt, mustard, light butter. mayo in a bowl and microwave about 20 seconds
    toast english muffin

build muffin, ham, egg and sauce

* I usually add some fresh spinach and a thin slice of tomato and chop up some onions....YUM YUM
    about 180 calories without all the extra stuff I put in it and its under the food diary as "HG eggs benedict"
    toast
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If anyone can point me to a vegetarian canadian bacon substitute, I will love you forever and ever. And ever.

Eggs benedict was one of my biggest sacrifices in becoming a vegetarian.
  • sculley
    Options
    If anyone can point me to a vegetarian canadian bacon substitute, I will love you forever and ever. And ever.

Eggs benedict was one of my biggest sacrifices in becoming a vegetarian.

Well you know they have the "meatless" meat...have you tried morning star?
  • msarro
    Options
    Yeah, just haven't seen a ham substitute. I know there's fakin' bacon, but i'd be looking more for vegetarian canadian bacon :)
  • sculley
    Options
    Yeah, just haven't seen a ham substitute. I know there's fakin' bacon, but i'd be looking more for vegetarian canadian bacon :)

http://www.yvesveggie.com/products/detail.php/meatless-canadian-bacon

:happy: what about that
  • msarro
    Options

Congratulations, you're my new favorite person! :heart:

Eggs Benny here I come!
  • sculley
    Options

Congratulations, you're my new favorite person! :heart:

Eggs Benny here I come!

hehehe enjoy let me know how it is.