NSV :p

Options
auroranflash
auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
Last night, boyfriend and I were watching goofy shows on Cartoon Network. They kept having Happy Meal commercials. I mentioned that that sounded really good... started reasoning how I could fit it into my remaining calories for the day, and it actually fit pretty well... the craving was strong!

He agreed, but then mentioned what would sound even BETTER? Burger King was across the street, and they have new onion rings, and the mushroom swiss burger, and ....

I could quickly see how this would get away from me. The calorie counter in my head blew a gasket, and I decided settling in for the night and ignoring that craving (not to mention staying inside/not having to go back out, especially when we had healthier food in the fridge) was the way to go.

I actually got tired and fell asleep on the couch instead of eating anything for dinner. Haha ^^;

Me 1, Fast Food 0

Replies

• failnomore
    Options
    well done you!!!! Just goes to show the power the adverts can have over us, but you bet the adverts!
  • sharae216
    sharae216 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Last weekend I was doing the same thing with Mcdonalds and how it could fit in my calorie schedule. But I ended up passing on that and cooking at home!

Keep up the great work!
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great job on making a great choice! Its tough but it is all these little decisions that really add up to the results we want.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, it really helps being on these forums because I constantly fill my head with health-minded thoughts and have a good time doing it :p

Let's all have a great day (and weekend) ^_^
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • beccahansen
    Options
    haha! The calorie counter in your head blew a gasket- I'm still laughing! Good Job on Good Choices, You ROCK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!