NEW and NEED HELP

Options
Hi All,

I am new to myfitnesspal and am hoping it will work. I do not know much about food or what I should be eating. I need to lose about 60 pounds. My target calorie amount is 1200. I need help filling my meals with foods that will energize me and keep me fuller longer. Please feel free to friend me and take a look at my diary. Thanks!!!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 60 to lose as well. This is a great community here. I hope to have much success!

Anyone should feel free to add me as a friend!

Things that help me are:
    -Lots of water
    -High protein, high fiber content foods
    -Yoga
    -Lots of exercise
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smile:

As you start to make friends, you will start to see people's food diaries... I often go 'shopping' for ideas off my friends'... MFP loves to put women on a 1,200 calorie diet. LOL Personally, I would set your weight loss for 1.5 pounds/week rather than 2. It's ok to go a little slower and make great food choices. Also, I've seen noted on here that the calories MFP says you burn for certain exercises tens to be on the high side. Just wanted to point that out because they add the extra calories to what you have available and it's easy to overeat with their estimates.

Hope you enjoy MFP! So far I love it and I'm thriving because of all the support and information I've gotten on here!

Best wishes!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cecoggins
    Options
    Thank you both :)

I have noticed the activity calorie counter is a bit high. I try to keep that in mind when I am eating. I try to leave some extra calories for the day.