Quick Question

Options
The more I ask, the more I learn, so bare with me here people! I'm so sorry if my questions get annoying :wink:

My question is this...how bad is it when you go over your protein? I kinda lost track of that today and went WAY over, but stayed well under my coloric intake. If it's a bad thing, is there anything that can be done? If there's nothing that can be done...well, I don't know what to say to that...except maybe "Bad ME!" :blushing:

ALC

Replies

• Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    The more I ask, the more I learn, so bare with me here people! I'm so sorry if my questions get annoying :wink:

My question is this...how bad is it when you go over your protein? I kinda lost track of that today and went WAY over, but stayed well under my coloric intake. If it's a bad thing, is there anything that can be done? If there's nothing that can be done...well, I don't know what to say to that...except maybe "Bad ME!" :blushing:

ALC
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i read a similar question to this today, and they said to ignore the protein. i did her excess protein can sometimes be stored as fat, i think it would take A LOT for that to happen though. most people on this site say to focus mainly on the calories, and in that department it sounds like you're doing great! keep up the good work!:wink:
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    yeah, i think that going over on your protein is not that big of a deal as long as your calories are pretty close to what they are supposed to be.

so don't sweat it!:smile:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    Just to set your mind at ease, the general conscensus on MFP is protein levels are set low on this site.
  • Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. That makes me feel soooo much better. I always check and recheck my calories to make sure I'm not going over, and it always just so happens that I've never gone over on my proteins or anything else...until today, I went over on my protein by about 50 ... counts?..anywho, thanks again guys!

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I seem to go over in protein all the time.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    MFP sets protein at 15% and that is pretty low for most people. It is healthy to go to up to 35%, or so I have read in other threads on these forums.

You can change your settings, or just ignore it when you go over by a little. I am a vegetarian (well pescetarian really) and I still go over my protein on no-meat days according to MFP, nothing to worry about. It's normal.

I had the same question a month ago. :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I concur.

Alarms don't even start to go off until you start to approach 1g per pound of weight which is really hard to do by accident. And even then, it's only said to be potentially harmful when done over a long period of time.