I fell off today

Options
This morning I got up at 545am put on my workout clothes, drank my warm lemon water and sat in front of the computer until it was too late for me exercise. Then I get to work and eat a chocolate muffin and about 10 starburst jellybeans and it's not even close to lunch time. NICE GOING URRGGG! I was so happy that I met my goal of exercising 5 days last week. Now I have to get back on the ball and make up for what I did to myself today. Thank you self.

Replies

• thejackswild79
    Options
    Congratulations though on having more good days than bad days this week!
  • rbegay
    Options
    I hear ya, my hubby had pizza and when I came home I couldn't help it. I felt so bad asked him to not bring home that stuff anymore because my will power is only so strong. We will both get back on track today! :)
  • hm79
    hm79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Failure is only a step towards success. Forget about it and move on!!
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It takes time to form good habits and break old ones and you're going to stumble along the way. Its just one missed step in a long journey. By the time you reach the end, you won't care about or remember the few that you missed.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves a break here n there. Youve been doing a good job, one time is not a bad thing. Don't beat yourself up too much for one slip up. It's there to remind you to get back on track!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it! Happens to the best of us.

At least you are trying, and that's a huge step in the right direction. Making healthy changes takes a while, so as long as you're doing good more days than not, you're going to get there!

If you fall off early in the day, get back on as soon as you can! No need to junk the day due to a couple little mistakes!
  • deliciousappleblue
    Options
    That doesn't sound so bad. At least you did your messing up in the morning instead of at night like I always do, when there's no time left in the day to turn it around. Just eat better for the rest of the day or exercise after work instead, if you can. Problem solved! And even if you can't, it's only one day. Try not to stress about it.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    It's all in the recovery. Read this. Then pick yourself up.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/02/01/5-steps-after-failing/
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It happens :wink: but you can pick up tomorrow again and start from there I too fell off the wagon but I did for the whole week :ohwell: :grumble: it was that time of the month UGH.

All in all it happens just pick your self up dust your self off as you start again with a cheering squad:smile:
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are here...that's all that matters!
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You've caught yourself, now finish out the day in an acceptable manner, squeeze in a workout if you can, and start fresh tomorrow. The whole day isn't ruined just because you made a "mistake" in the morning.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    You're fine, it's just a little scratch. :smooched: Dust yourself off and get right back on!
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's not a big thing. Just do better starting now and learn from the bad morning. You can do it, you're worth the effort!
  • Clhumpal
    Clhumpal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    But, the fact that it isn't even lunch time means that it isn't even officially a bad day yet - you still have an entire half of a day to turn it around and make it a pretty darn good one :) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have resisted a chocolate muffin... I've been a hermit at work lately - I teach, and rarely leave my classroom because of all of the girl scout cookies on the workroom table, lol

Here's to a fabulous rest of the day - friday!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Each morning we wake up...we have goals..some days we hit them..other days we dont.. The key is not to give up on the overall picture. Its like throwing your computer away if you typed something wrong...use the backspace button and get back to before stuff went awry...and move forward.

We all will have those days..but its a journey..you will have bumps..you will have detours...,heck you may take an offramp..and not get back on for a week or so..but this is meant to be a journey not of losing weight..but of educating yourself to the wonders of eating right and exercising...so keep moving..YOU CAN DO IT
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Let this fuel your fire to work harder later today or tomorrow!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Been there - done that...
    Got fat!

Welcome to the human race. Just keep punching and do the next right thing today.

All Is Possible!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's not a failure, it's an instance of self-gratification. =)
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    At least you realized what you did and had the courage to say it to everybody, now just learn from it for tomorrow :) Keep it up!
  • Sometimes you have to give yourself a break, and indulge, and since you've already realized you need to get back on the train then you have made a tiny step back towards awesome.