Cheese alternative?

Options
I love cheese, all different kinds, but it's one of the few items I just don't like the fat free versions. I usually get the reduced fat or lower sodium but they still have lots of calories...any suggestions?

Replies

• Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Parmesan has pretty reasonable stats, as do the laughing cow wedges.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You could try soy based cheese or goat cheese, which is what I eat since I don't digest lactose.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'd rather eat less of the real deal than soy cheese or fat free cheese. Mini Babybell Light and Laughing Cow are good options though.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Cheese strings--only 60 cals and fun to play with! lol

Edit: also, if you grate your cheese instead of eating it as a pathetic little cube, it seems like much more. :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Cheese is healthy for you in moderation. I much rather watch my portions and eat the real stuff!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7uB5Yac-Ljt3xxgfUtxJTshkqrRUT2zAxC4ISv6z-2pJk9rjm7w
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    fermunda
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm cheeeeese. I am pretty sure Satan created it, thank you my lord and savior!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    If you love cheese, eat cheese, just less of it.

Feta has few calories.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I think all of the suggestions above are great! I am a cheese LOVER! String cheese and parmesean is awesome and low calorie. Then you have cottage cheese which is LOADED with protein! I don't get the lowfat and it is only 110 calories for 1/2 cup. Add fruits or veggies and it is a perfect meal!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    There is no alternative. Cheese is good. Eat the real deal! And don't eat soy products (phytoestrogen, look it up).
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    fermunda

this.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I give my girls the reduced fat polly-o string cheese. I eat veggie slices, which are lactose and gluten free. I have also tried Smart Beat. I like them but haven't eaten, and cannot eat, regular cheese so I either got used to them or they really do taste good. I was feeling brave on day and ate the laughing cow reduced fat cheese. Tasted great but the after effects for me were a killer. If you can digest lactose and just looking at the lower cal/sodium, those are very good.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Love the laughing cow cheese wedges. I use them for burgers and wraps
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Eat less of other things filling up your calories?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    one mini babybel light round goes a long way. I shred it up for quesadillas, I peel string cheese for wraps and make grilled cheese with them.

Uhm.. and I would DEF not get fake cheese unless you had to for allergy. Gross.
  • tammy434
    tammy434 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    laughing cow light, 50 cal:) Your not alone!!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You could try soy based cheese or goat cheese, which is what I eat since I don't digest lactose.

I tried soy cheese once. I couldn't spit it out of my mouth quick enough!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow is not legit cheese in my book. I have cut back a bit on my portion sizes of cheese, but I still eat plenty of real cheese!