Looking for a few cheerleaders!!!

Options
Hi!!! I am newish to MFP and I would like some more supportive friends. I have been logging for months but recently decided to kick it up a notch by adding friends to help encourage me through the hard times. I have a 17 month old baby girl that I am taking care of alone while my husband is away on business, I work full time, and I have about 60 pounds to lose to make it to an even 100 pound loss. On top of all that....I am 38 and I would like to lose this weight before trying to get pregnant again so I feel like the clock is ticking for sure. I believe in eating as opposed to starving yourself and trying to eat clean 90% of the time.....so if you want a new friend, please feel free to send me a friend request. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Minto23
    Options
    Hi, Glad you;ve decided to add a few friends to the mix for support! Im only on MFP for about 2 weeks but I think it really does help! Im also trying to lose weight before having another baby and probably have the same weight to lose! Good luck! Feel free to add me! x
  • NurseSweeny
    NurseSweeny Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you:drinker: Adding friends has helped me so much. When I don't feel like dragging my butt to the gym I suddenly feel motivated by seeing that everyone else has mangaged to get themselves there that day. Also, knowing that my friends are looking at my food diary makes me feel more accountable for the choices I make. I added you as a friend. I have about the same amount of weight to lose. We CAN do this

14130412.png
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have about another 60 lbs to lose also!! :)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you:drinker: Adding friends has helped me so much. When I don't feel like dragging my butt to the gym I suddenly feel motivated by seeing that everyone else has mangaged to get themselves there that day. Also, knowing that my friends are looking at my food diary makes me feel more accountable for the choices I make. I added you as a friend. I have about the same amount of weight to lose. We CAN do this

14130412.png

Yeah....I needed to be held accountable for what I ate last night.....Mac and Cheese! And not even the good kind. I was making my bbay some (just getting her to eat anything lately is a challenge) and I couldn't resist because I had let myself go too long without eating. I went over my calories a bit but the soduiium is what kills me.....yikes!

Thanks for the kind words and for new friends!!! We CAN and WILL do this!
  • karielsie
    karielsie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was a cheerleader! haha... I am 38 next week and have a 17 month old as well!
  • corinneal
    corinneal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you. Congratulations for reaching out for support! You are doing great! I have been logging in for just a couple of weeks. I started my journey a few weeks before that so my "ticker" in not really accurate! I have lost about 13 pounds total so far and, although I don't have any "friends" yet on MFP, I find these blogs really helpful! Feel free to add me as a friend (not really sure how to do that) I will offer any encouragement I can and look forward to getting some "Cheerleaders" of my own!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'd be happy to be your cheerleader if you're determined, safe, and working healthy!
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. It is motivating to see your friends workout each day and eating well. The Motivation is a plus!
  • jenluvsushi
    Options

You know what's really bad.....I am not 38...... I am actually 37! I completely forgot how old I am, lol!!! I will be 38 in August....wow! I swear when I gave birth to her, my brain fell out with her. I literally had to sit here and count from my year of birth to figure out if I was 37 or 38....WTH! lol! :noway:
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    that happens to me..my kids sucked the smart right out of my brain. When I'm in line to check out somewhere and counting change i go blank and just give the i have no idea what i was thinking look..lol
  • jenluvsushi
    Options
    It's funny how that happens....I love it when I go to get something and then come back with something completely different and not the thing I actually needed at all! I can't believe how quickly I forget......I sure hope I get my brains back soon.....no telling what I might forget these days! lol!
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll cheerlead for you! :)

I could use some encouragement as well. I just started MFP & want to loose about 30 lbs of left over baby weight. Putting it on is so easy...taking it off now that's a different story!
  • porcupinegirl32
    porcupinegirl32 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

You know what's really bad.....I am not 38...... I am actually 37! I completely forgot how old I am, lol!!! I will be 38 in August....wow! I swear when I gave birth to her, my brain fell out with her. I literally had to sit here and count from my year of birth to figure out if I was 37 or 38....WTH! lol! :noway:

Haha, that's hilarious because I can totally relate. Had to count my age a few times too!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Poms poms ready!! :tongue: Add me!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me....
  • LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We definitely have some similar challenges - little ones (my youngest is 19 months old), and my ultimate goal is also 100 lbs. I'll send you a request :)
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you can add me as a friend. I love to give and receive encouragement.
  • Stacy121
    Stacy121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm 40 and looking to lose some pounds too. And I need encouragement! Feel free to add me.
  • jenluvsushi
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the support ladies......can I get a Halle-loo?!?!?! :bigsmile: