New here

Options
I have been on myfitnesspal.com and lost 6 lbs in 2 months. Not bad. However, in the efforts of fun and entertainment, here's a collection of Diets I tried and, well, really didn't work in the long run:

abs diet
weight watchers
south beach
flat belly
Mediterranian Diet
juicing
jillian michaels
fit for life

Not saying they didn't work. Some did. I just could not get into it.

For now, what's working? Real food, low calories and exercise. Cliche? Yes. Working? Yes.

Replies

• RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    reduced calories and more exercise - its the only way
    Iris
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I have done Atkins, South Beach, Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, and took about every diet pill under the sun. And surprise, surprise, nothing worked long term (and gosh, I hated to diet!!).
    Now, I eat whole/healthy/natural foods and watch my calories. I exercise a lot and I love it.
    Congrats on finding the actual solution and making it work! Welcome to MFP (I'm pretty new too!).
  • Samuel907
    Samuel907 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My friend introduced me to this site and it helps so much with the keeping up with calories and excercise. You would also learn that it is a number's game for weight loss. However, it will also keep you motivated on staying or planning your food intake. It takes time and it is a process to re-learn new things. I encourage you to keep on making good food choices and eat well to nourish your body. That is what I have learned to do and take better care of me since I have been doing that. I am not only loosing weight but overall feel so much better. I am doing the 17 day diet. I have also tried many diets. However, a co-worker introduced me to this diet and this website. I have lost on this diet so far 10 lbs in Dec and 10 lbs in January. I love it you get results fast and feel amazing. It is hard for the first 3 days but once your body adjusts your sugar levels get balanced and you feel great and not hungry at all. Plus you can eat a lot on this diet. This works better for me because the carbs, specially starches/rice/oats can make me have so many crabings. I still eat fruits and yogurt so I get my additional carbs that way and this works well for me. Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions. I think I have finally figured it out and still have about 40 lbs to loose. Today is day 4 of the 17 day cycle and feel amazing! Stay on you and take care of you! Put you first and everything else would follow! :)
  • mindysreadyforchange
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!!!

I have tried a lot of "diets" too and the one that seems to work for me is healthy eating (watching calories) and working out. Seems to be the only way!
  • pegmo
    pegmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Granny Iris - Isn't the basics are the only thing that works? Funny. Looks like you lost 25lbs doing that..

Mindy-1104 - Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the affirmation that...it's diet and exercise. (My pride is getting in the way of accepting that. Even though I am doing that. LOL)

Samuel907 - What's the 17 day diet? I am really liking your results.

LoraF83 - Looks like we're in the beginning journey together. Someone must be making a fortune off all these "diets." I just want my $$$ back for trying. LOL.

Has anyone tried Sparkpeople.com? I am so glad I found myfitnesspal.com. It's so much simpler to find things. With sparkpeople, it's got too much stuff. The points thing and spin the wheel thing was just too much for me. All I wanted to do is loose weight. Incredibly slow download and hard to find things. Whoever developed this website is a genius!!!!