EASY LUCHES FOR THE WORK WEEK

Options
I am looking for breakfast and lunch ideas that can be prepared ahead of time for the work week. I am on a high protien low carb plan with a daily calorie goal of 1700. I try to save most of that for dinner, but would like ideas for breakfast and lunch that won't kill my calories out of the gate! Thank you ahead of time for your suggestions! :)

Replies

• tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I make a crockpot of soup or chili once a week and eat that almost all week for lunches. I also buy bulk veggies and fruits and prep them into 5 containers for the week so I just have to grab and go. Making it easy to grab makes a world of difference to me!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats are super filling and only 170 calories for half a cup. You can make them in the crockpot overnight so they are ready when you wake up. Half a cup will keep me full until lunch.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I make a crockpot of soup or chili once a week and eat that almost all week for lunches. I also buy bulk veggies and fruits and prep them into 5 containers for the week so I just have to grab and go. Making it easy to grab makes a world of difference to me!

^^^
    This..I cook 2-3 meals over the weekend in my crockpot..separate into serving sizes in ziploc bags and freeze..grab a bag on the way out the door.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with 7 grain hot cereal is about 200 calories for breakfast. For lunch I just eat left overs from dinner. i try to keep all of my meals around the same calories so this really works for me.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The crockpot is a dieter's best friend! I find leftovers work well for lunches. Make an extra serving or two when you make dinner, pack them up into the fridge or freezer before you sit down to dinner. Poof, you'll have an assortment of healthy frozen meals in no time! And without all the sodium of the store bought ones!
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I take 20 minutes to portion out brocolli slaw, fresh fruits and vegetables. I find that when things are portioned out, cleaned and cut up, I always eat them.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I bake boneless, skinless, chicken breasts every week and keep them in the frig for salads, tacos, wraps or whatever! I take salad to work every day! It helps keep me away from the bread I would consume with sandwiches. And lets face it...sandwiches every day gets boring in a hurry! :sick:

Good luck to you!
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't have the recipes handy right now, but you can make oatmeal muffins or power cookies on Sunday and freeze them. You can eat one for breakfast along with a fruit. I also hard boil eggs ahead of time and save them in the fridge. I pack my breakfast and lunch the previous night, so it's easy in the morning (I eat most of my breakfast either on my way to work or when I reach work). So for example I will pack-

for my breakfast-
    2 hardboiled eggs/a power cookie
    1 apple
    (pack my green tea in the morning)

for lunch-
    soup or chili that's already in the freezer (just like the PP suggested)
    salad that was cut and prepared on Sunday

snacks-
    1 pear, clementines or banana
    1 greek yogurt

that controls what I eat during the day and am not snacking on junk all day long.
  • applejacks1552
    Options
    A few of my friends recommend the Egg Mug recipes from Hungry Girl for breakfast. (You can google it to find several free recipes online.) Basically you make scrambled eggs using Egg Beaters in the microwave in a large mug, usually combined with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. There are various flavor varieties, but basically you add veggies, lean meats, and/or sauces to the basic recipe to give it the taste you desire. Low calorie, low carb, low fat and most importantly satisfying! I was very pleasantly surprised. If you prep all the add-ins ahead of time, the cook time is 2 min or under.
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    I also will make a pot of chili and portion it out for lunches so I just have to grab and go.

For breakfasts, I'll put some greek yogurt in tupperware and dump some frozen blueberries in it. By the time I get to work to eat at my desk, the berries have thawed enough to eat and made the yogurt a little frosty.