annoying opinions

Options
i cant stand when people cant just be supportive and have to give their opinions. i was told by a acquaintance this morning that tis diet i am doing is not good for me and i should really research whats best for me. but then she proceeds to push a vegan diet on me telling me its better and healthier. really??!!! i did research whats best and your vegan diet is not one of them. ugh! she is going to be a personal trainer(not yet) and she suddenly thinks she has all of the answers. sorry, just annoyed

Replies

• subigirl
    subigirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just blow them off! As long as you are eating a healthy balance of nutrients, you're good! Yes, anything "raw" is better...being the less preservatives, colors, flavorings, etc. in your food the better it is on your health, as our bodies respond best when most of the ingredients are as unrefined and unprocessed as possible. Oh, and I'm not considering cooking as processing. ;)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i know. i am eating well and trying to eat as clean as possible. its just annoying.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Well, what diet ARE you doing? Depending on whether it's actually a diet or not, she could have been trying to be supportive and steer you away from a dangerous fad.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Go eat a big steak in front of her. Thats what I would do.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Vegan....id rather poke needles in my eyes...i have liver for dinner tonight!!!:tongue:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you're eating healthy, then you're doing the right thing!

Most Vegans I know are seriously unhealthy folks. And they claim it's the best diet out there. Bull-hockey!

People love to give opinions when all you want is support, because THEY need to hear it. Try to surround yourself with healthy people. I'm sure your vegan personal trainer-wannabe will be on a different diet eventually too. All the personal trainers I know say you need to eat meat! LOL!

Just gotta let it go!
  • ashquin
    Options
    im following this program.

Well, what diet ARE you doing? Depending on whether it's actually a diet or not, she could have been trying to be supportive and steer you away from a dangerous fad.
  • ashquin
    Options
    very true. thank you.
    If you're eating healthy, then you're doing the right thing!

Most Vegans I know are seriously unhealthy folks. And they claim it's the best diet out there. Bull-hockey!

People love to give opinions when all you want is support, because THEY need to hear it. Try to surround yourself with healthy people. I'm sure your vegan personal trainer-wannabe will be on a different diet eventually too. All the personal trainers I know say you need to eat meat! LOL!

Just gotta let it go!