Protein breakfasts?

Options
My nutrition counscelor suggested that I am not eating enough protein and it has been suggest by others here on MFP. I am looking for some ideas on what else to have for breakfast besides eggs and sausages..

ANy suggestions would be appreciated.

Kristine

Replies

• AmandaBroun
    Options
    No-oatmeal: http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/01/no-oatmeal/ (you can simplify this, and/or sub out the banana for mashed pumpkin or sweet potato. Oh, and I do it in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until it's done.

greek yogurt
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    steak
  • JMSKCW
    JMSKCW Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat quinoa every morning with blackberries, walnuts, cinnamon and honey. It has enough protein to keep me full until lunch time.
  • scottishhighlander
    Options
    I've been having a whey protein shake, trying to get around 30g of protein as soon as I wake up
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have a carb advantage EAS protein shake for many breakfasts or snacks.
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    I eat quinoa every morning with blackberries, walnuts, cinnamon and honey. It has enough protein to keep me full until lunch time.

I've never thought to make quinoa as a sweet thing. Thanks!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, peanut or almond butter, quinoa is a great grain with lots of protein.
  • shalwilson34
    shalwilson34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use a Hemp protein powder and do shakes most mornings. It gets me through for 3 hours or so until lunch. The main reason is that it is very quick to mix a shake. When I'm not being lazy, I do up different egg mixers. Whites only.

14448865.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I was looking for alternatives to eggs and sausage/bacon too.

My hope was for some sort of protein shake / meal replacement, since i really don't like eating in the morning, but all the ones I've come accross have way too much sugar in them. 30-75%. Trying to go low carb, that doesn't look right to me....

Any suggestions?
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    EAS Carb Advantage shakes are pretty good around 4-6 grams carbs per shake. If you like bars, Quest bars from netrition.com are high fiber low sugar and high protein. Very tastey and filling.
  • jhalton
    Options
    It may sound crazy, but I eat 3 egg whites, ground sausage (or chicken) and black or pinto beans 5-6 times a week. My breakfast usually has 35-40 gm of protein. Protein shakes and bars are a quick, easy way to bump up protein too. PB and almond butter are good protein sources, but high in cals.
  • pethead30
    pethead30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My nutrition counscelor suggested that I am not eating enough protein and it has been suggest by others here on MFP. I am looking for some ideas on what else to have for breakfast besides eggs and sausages..

ANy suggestions would be appreciated.

Kristine

Greek Yougurt is extremely high in protein - about 18-20 grams per 6-7 oz serving. Grocery stores carry all kinds now in the refrigerated section. Stick to natural foods though, rather than shakes or supplements, for your dietary needs. Also, Kashi Go Lean has 13 grams of protein per serving and only 140 calories. I eat that regularly in the morning for a protein boost (and fiber boost!).
  • cathysmission
    cathysmission Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an Egg White Protein (Fitness Labs) drink that has 25 grams of protein, and only 130 calories.
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    Pre Made Chicken Salad and spinach. I get a roasted Chicken and shred it and then mix in herbs and spices and then mayo or sour cream/Hidden ranch dip mix and then let it sit in the fridge for Breakfast. Then i fill large Spinach leaves with the chicken salad and Yum Yum Yum ! :bigsmile: You can do the same with Egg salad :love: and Tuna. :sick: or Roast Beef. :smooched:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon & cream cheese on wholegrain toast
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat Chobani Greek Yogurt (various flavors) with some Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal mixed it. Keeps me going for hours and is delicious
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfasts pretty much all involve eggs or egg whites. I make mini-quiches on Sunday. Freeze them and have them for the rest of the week. I use either whole eggs or egg whites with veggies, turkey bacon/sausage, and/or light cheese (no crust) and make them in cupcake pans. I also do a protein shake first thing in the morning (my wakeup meal). Greek yogurt is also a good option. I add flax seeds (when I remember).