Feeling Discouraged today........

Options
Feeling so discouraged today........seems like i'm working hard, eating better and not getting anywhere. Got on the scale today, was not happy with my progress.........! Gonna keep on going though.

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep going! I am feeling the same way right now! No loss this week to speak of - keeps going up and down! That used to give me a reason to say "forget this, it's now working anyway" and go back to my old eating habits. But not anymore! Let's just keep plugging along and I'll bet that scale will show results soon! I sent you a friend request too! ;)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Keep going, keep trying! It takes some time. One of my favorite quotes is: "you didn't get like this in a month, so don't expect to get out of it in a month."
    Try to find some NSV (non-scale victories) to celebrate. Do you feel better? Are your clothes looser? Do you have more energy? Did you learn something or discover a new healthy food that you really like?
    You can do it!!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yes, keep going. you can do this......we can all do this...
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i have a personal statement i use if you give in get back dont quit. If this were easy n obody would weigh more than 120lbs. whats easy is gaining weight which i have always been an expert at. just keep going maybe try doing measurements some times you will lose inches before weight.. just hang in there come here everyday and do what you need to do you started this and that was a huge step keep it up.

15948918.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lindacharp
    Options
    Francis no one said this trip was easy. If it was we wouldn't be here. Not satisfied with your progress. Well that tells me there is progress that you are moving the scale in the right direction. Keep at it.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Please hang in there! Just working out and eating better has got to make you feel better! Sometimes our bodies take a little time to accept the lifestyle changes we have made. Keep up the good work and remember this is not just a race with the scale but an actually lifestyle change for the rest of our lives! Believe in yourself and keep keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...you're doing the right thing by taking care of yourself. It will keep paying off, even when you don't realize it.

Keep on going!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Don't quit................the scale is not the only try factor when losing weight.............it will come together.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My advice don't get on the scale so much. I don't own one. I go by how I feel and how my clothes fit.
  • msjenjenp
    Options
    It's really not JUST about the weight loss. It's also about improved health and feeling better about the intentional food choices we're making. We all have those plateaus where it seems nothing is happening. Change things up a little. Eat less carbs. Try a little more exercise or drink more water and see what works. It's a journey, not a destination.
  • katrin25
    Options
    we didn't gain weight over night. it takes time. be patient with yourself.