Free Day

Options
I was just wondering how many or you have what is called a FREE day, My hubby and I call it a Fat day. But it is just a day of the week usually the same day each week where you don't worry about what you eat and you treat yourself to things you don't have all week long.. Dr. Oz said people who do this lose more weight than the ones that don't.. What do you think?

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how many or you have what is called a FREE day, My hubby and I call it a Fat day. But it is just a day of the week usually the same day each week where you don't worry about what you eat and you treat yourself to things you don't have all week long.. Dr. Oz said people who do this lose more weight than the ones that don't.. What do you think?

I reckon eventaully i will. right now, i have a lot of willpower (something i usually dont have) and just dont need to have a "day off". however, it probably is due to the fact it will prevent binges in the long term, however if i had an off day i would binge binge binge. so keeping to my own little plan :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't do it. Too much damage can be caused. In one day, you could easily undo all of your work for an entire week. Every few weeks or so I have a "cheat" meal (not day). This usually happens when I am out for a social engagement, or go out to dinner, or some other occasion where I don't want to count calories for one night.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily have a free day, but sometimes I'll have a meal where I consume more calories than usual. Some people can't do it, because it's an excuse to eat anything under the sun. Others have great success with it, because it keeps their body guessing. I do it no more than 1-2 times in a month, because if I do more, I never lose anything!

I'm sure it's great for binge prevention, but if I were to eat whatever all day, I'd never lose!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    No. Even when I get to my goal weight, or even start consistently losing, I can't imagine having one day where I go balls out. I won't deny pizza or my other favorite bad foods but one day where I pig out?

Not a chance. I feel slovenly and awful after eating a few pieces of junk. I can't imagine a day of it. I don't enjoy it at all. I just have a hard time getting around working hard and eating healthy and then adding in a fat day. I'd feel horrible both mentally and physically.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I don't have a 'free day', but about once a week I do have a higher calorie day. I keep track of it all still though. I let myself have what I guess you could call a 'cheat' meal or what have you. Sometimes I just want a burger and fries. :happy:
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal every Friday night. I have whatever I want to eat for supper and dessert. I'm maintaining and I do really well with it. I eat healthy the rest of the time.
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a free day until I had lost 100lbs. It is not a terrible thing to do if you are able to control yourself. I don't think it is for everyone though.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Free day didn't go so well last Sunday - ended up eating junk that didn't even fill me up so I've decided to stick to a free meal once every few weeks instead. I can at least plan around it and it won't ruin the whole day.