Today I got off the couch!

Options
I just want to post that I actually did some exercise today. It has been years for me. I know this might not sound like a lot to most people, but for me it took tremendous effort. I am just so happy. Yesterday I went over my calories allowed, and I was feeling really discouraged. I am so glad I did something today. And not only that, but part of it was cleaning which my house was in desperate need of.

Replies

• kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Woohoo, good for you! The more frequently you push yourself to exercise, the easier it gets.
    It can become a natural part of your life if you keep at it!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! For some people, that is the very hardest part!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    *does the snoopy dance* lol, Keep it up!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Exercise may seem like a chore at first, but hopefully you will start to look forward to it!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    So glad that you made today a new day, and chose not to dwell on the problems of yesterday! Great job!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Give it a couple weeks, soon you'll find exercise is so much better than it seems right now!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    That's the first step in the right direction! Just take it day by day and eventually you'll be doing things you never thought you were capable of.
  • loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you, exercise and food go hand and hand. Today is the first day of the rest of your life!:wink:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Good for you. We have to start somewhere. Everyday just remember how you feel now. That is how I get my sorry butt out of bed @ 5:15am to exercise! !
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Hooray! :drinker:
  • Pavient
    Options
    Awesome and I agree with all the other comments! You can do it! Each step counts! I have been in a wheelchair for 17 yrs and told I would never walk again. Wrong! I maybe gimpy, off balance and wobbly but I try anyway. I use the hallway for walking where I can put my hands on the walls for stability and am now able to "walk" a minute at a time. So every time I go to the restroom, (which is about hourly with all the water I drink) I walk the hallway for a minute. I also use a pedometer to track my total steps. May not seem like much but its what I can do at this stage. So keep it up, you're making positive changes!
  • Taushina
    Taushina Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay, good for you!!! One step closer!!!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    wtg!! your off to a great start,.Before u know it will be be amazed at what all u can do and how long u can workout. And walking is one of the best workout to do.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great job- and just remember that the hardest part is getting out of the door :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!