SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo...April 8

Options
Good morning!
How is everyone? I woke up in a horrible mood, so I decided to log my food. :laugh: I need to try to get some control back here. I also lowered my cal intake. I don't know how that post that AD put up a few days ago could be right. Isn't that how I got fat in the first place? If I eat over 2000 cals a day I gain weight. I have lowered it for the day to see if I can stick with it and actually feel hunger again. It will also force me to work out so I can eat. lol
Today is:
log food
exercise (push ups and walk or DVD)
eat better
take Alex to horse therapy
work with Alex today (learning the letter C! He knows A and B now!)
get out of my grumpy mood

I'm still sick, so that has a lot to do with my mood. And probably overeating the last several days hasn't helped either.
Hope you all have a blessed day! I know mine is about to get better!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    How is everyone? I woke up in a horrible mood, so I decided to log my food. :laugh: I need to try to get some control back here. I also lowered my cal intake. I don't know how that post that AD put up a few days ago could be right. Isn't that how I got fat in the first place? If I eat over 2000 cals a day I gain weight. I have lowered it for the day to see if I can stick with it and actually feel hunger again. It will also force me to work out so I can eat. lol
    Today is:
    log food
    exercise (push ups and walk or DVD)
    eat better
    take Alex to horse therapy
    work with Alex today (learning the letter C! He knows A and B now!)
    get out of my grumpy mood

I'm still sick, so that has a lot to do with my mood. And probably overeating the last several days hasn't helped either.
    Hope you all have a blessed day! I know mine is about to get better!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm on my second day of enforced rest. . .although I do have a goal today to leave the house and walk the two blocks to the produce market and back. (hopefully).

Other than that, I'm practicing stillness.

Take care of yourselves. :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Sorry you are feeling grumpy, MM. I think that everyone's metabolism is different, and mine has certainly changed over time. When I first started trying to lose weight, I didn't have any problems eating 1200 net. I wasn't that hungry most of the time. Then I plateaued. I increased my calories, and then I started losing again. I noticed being hungry more often, especially in the morning (I didn't use to eat breakfast). This actually happened a couple of times - where I plateaued, increased my cals, and started losing again. As long as I'm drinking enough water, I think that hunger is a good thing (obviously not so much that I gorge myself, though). Increasing my exercise definitely increased my appetite... which was fine until I started thinking I might need to cut my cals again. :tongue:

OK, that was rambling. Sorry. I did my strength workout this morning, and should be able to get in a walk and aerobics class later. I am feeling pretty tired, though. Enjoy your time with Alex! I like the letter C. :happy:

Alertness boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, remember you're sick - you need fuel to fight off infections, and you need rest.

I woke up too late today to make it to morning weights class. I forgot to set my alarm - so I'm going to try to do a video. Might have to dust them off first:laugh: . Tonight - yoga.

I'm reading "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh. It's helping me deal with my general testiness. I have a low annoyance tolerance, and that's just plain silly. Just thought I'd share.

Yesterday I went for a 90 minute bike ride, and I'm feeling the allergens today - or the fact that we had a very low humidity (15%). Who knows if we are doing the big ride on Saturday. The weather is kinda iffy still. Either way, lots of exercise planned for this weekend - we are going to an Easter Buffet and I want to try three desserts :bigsmile:

Happy Flappy workouts!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I like the letter C. :happy:

:laugh: I always say all my favorite things start with "C" - Charlie (husband), Cats, Chocolate, Cake, Cookies, (I'm still trying to figure out how Brownies start with C), Coffee...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I like the letter C. :happy:

:laugh: I always say all my favorite things start with "C" - Charlie (husband), Cats, Chocolate, Cake, Cookies, (I'm still trying to figure out how Brownies start with C), Coffee...

Easy. . ."chocolate frosted brownies." "cream cheese brownies" "Coffee with brownies." MMMMM. . .coffee with brownies!

I may check that book out myself, Mary. I've had a very low annoyance threshold lately.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Don't forget "Candy," "Crackerjacks," "Chai Tea Lattes," and "Crab Legs!"

I'm getting a late start today, but am on track so far.

Goals:
    * The dreaded "legs" day of weight training
    * 30 minutes cardio (went one level higher on the elliptical, still trying to get back where I used to be)
    * 30 minute walk later on this afternoon
    * No sweets today, only fruit

Have a great Hump Day Boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Y'all are so silly! :laugh:
    I am still grouchy lol but I did get a work out in and I am staying in my lower calorie range (1270 for now). I do better when I can't eat as much. I don't know why. Alex knows the letter C now but is having a little trouble with D. :tongue: I am trying to introduce a new letter each day.
    I am having a salad for dinner, which will put me just a little over my cals since I splurged earlier and had two fruit snacks. Yes two. This is what I am talking about. I'm not talking real fruit. I am talking about my son's fruit snacks. I am hungry so I am remembering what that feels like. :smile:
    Now let's see if I can log two days in a row! I tried pick easy and healthy foods to enter for this coming week, so maybe I won't be so tempted to throw in the towel. Friday night is date night so there will be a dessert (my DH's birthday), so I will splurge that day.
    I didn't do too badly today and I feel better for it.
    See you all tomorrow!
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Wednesday goals:

Hydrate: I'll just meet my goal
    More veg and fruit: no fruit/one veggie...not so good
    Exersise four days: Two days so far
    Work under 8.5: Yes:smile:
    Stay in cals: Yes:smile: