Irrational Fears???

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
My name is AmberBoobar and I am afraid of frogs:ohwell: . Not any type in particular, all of em! They can be big fat bullfrogs, or teeny tiny garden toads. On the other hand, I LOVE:heart: turtles... sea turtles, paints, snapping ones. ALL OF EM. So come on, spill it. What is your irrational, can't explain it, can't get over it... FEAR? (I'll be off line for the weekend, but can't wait to see if I am the only CRAZY one out there when I check on Monday morning!) :wink:

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any irrational fears, except the dark, if that qualifies as irrational...
    I used to love bugs when I was little, but now I'm just scared they bite me - lady bugs, catterpillars, moths, butterflies, dragonflies. I can appreciate their beauty, but can't touch them.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    bees... well bees, yellow jackets, wasps.. anything yellow that has a stinger and flys... when i was a kid i stepped on a wasp's nest and got stung like 30 times...

i was wearing a leotard and tights so the stingers got caught in the lycra and just kept stinging me.. it was very painful...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm afraid of balloons the latex kinds..... See I had this really crazy Kindergarden teacher who told us that if a balloon popped in our faces and some went in our mouths we would die because it would seal up our throats. :noway: Nice lady huh? So ever since then I'm very jumpy around balloons. My friends find this hilarious :grumble:
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    ^^^ I am so afraid of popping balloons!!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I know it's obvious etc, but spiders. Not just your average everyday phobia no.. the type where I am paralysed with fear. I wish I wasn't like this... my fiance gets really frustrated when I lose my mind over a spider, the drama is unreal. All my friends at one stage in their lives have gone travelling, Australia etc, the reason I haven't is because the spiders are bigger there...

I know they can't hurt me (no poisonous spiders in Ireland) I don't KNOW why I am so scared..

I am also really afraid of butterflies. Not as bad as spiders though lol xx
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Feelsbadman.jpg
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Mine is spiders too..I cant ever even get close enough to kill them.
  • stebs1984
    Options
    My big one is fire.... If i go to a house and there's a candle burning or the fireplace is lit or a gas stovetop is being used, the odds are good that i'll be more preoccupied with keeping on eye on those than the conversation/activities taking place.

You can also put me in the flying bugs with stingers category as well...
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i'm not allowed to say. last time i was reported.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    i'm not allowed to say. last time i was reported.

?????????
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    ^^^ I am so afraid of popping balloons!!

im soooo glad im not the only one, people look at me like im mad when i say im frightened of balloons popping :blushing:
  • Eliza117
    Options
    Climbing down ladders. I can climb up, sure, fine, no problem, but down? Nope. Not a chance.

Oh, and house centipedes. Creepy little guys, they are. Nice as peaches (and eat all the spiders) but all those legs!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Chickens/geese/ducks. From afar or when I have a gun in my hand... super. Near my feet - nu uh. I grew up on a farm and I had to go get eggs and tend to the coops. I got pecked and chased so many times it just became a phobia. My dad still makes me do this chore when Im home. Stupid chickens.
  • dmalistar
    Options
    I'm afraid of oranges.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    Zombies.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    I'm afraid of oranges.

cats are too. lol
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Things that fly and you don't know where they are going. Like flies, bees, wasps, a ball hit by a batter.... I have a some what irrational fear of them flying at my face... I will literally flip a *kitten* if something flies near my face lol

It's kind of rational as I was always that awkward kid in gym who got hit by the most random crap. And I've been stung by a wasp that was swatted away from someone else.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Cats... and not big ones like tigers and lions. I'm talking about the run-of-the-mill, fat tabby that likes to nap in the sun. Terrifying! (to me, at least)
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Water, even when it rains hard it creeps me out and I'm so scared the house will flood. Taking my Son to baby swim lessons when the water is up to my thighs I am on edge the whole time. Once I fell backwards and flipped out. I couldn't manage to stand up and the lifeguard running the lesson had to help me. Even having a bath makes me uneasy, hence why I shower.
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    im afraid of bridges, expecially the grated kind, well grates of any kind, on the side walk i step over or around them but i wont walk on them, all related to being afraid of heights