pear shaped body

Options
i have a pretty small upper body compared to my lower body. here are my statistics so you can picture it out yourself: 33-28-34.5. my shirt size range from xs to s, yet my leggings are usually m and my pants are 2 (which i hate wearing because they're pretty tight but i do fit in it).

oh, i just realized, you can actually look at my display picture.. it doesn't show my thighs though, and i swear they're pretty big. just so you'd have an idea how i look like.

now, how do i make my lower body smaller so that my whole body would look proportioned?

Replies

• Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Pear shapes are usually more dramatic than that. For instance 35-28-45.
    Anyway, the only thing I can think of is cardio and maybe some leg exercises. Our bodies are dumb and never want to lose weight where we want them too. =[
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say you were more hourglass than pear!

I have stats of 30-25-38, huge waist to hip difference! The only way I can look more proportionate is by working my shoulders to get them bigger and then get down to a pretty low body fat percentage (around18-20%), my hips physically can't go smaller than a 38, but they used to be about 48 whilst my waist has never been bigger than 28! So yeah, after all that, work those shoulders! There's not really much else you can do, it's one of those hard facts of life, our bodies are what they are, I'll never have small hips!

(and seriously, in your picture, you look pretty well proportioned!)
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, my upper body is tiny compared to my lower body! It's really frustrating, because I do see the weight shredding off my arms, waist and chest (unforutnately..), but not my thighs, hips or *kitten*.
    I've been suggested to keep on doing cardio, but also working on strength concentrating on my lower body. That means exercises such as squats, glute bridge, hip thrust, deadlift etc. I've recently started this program, so I have no idea if it's working or not. This will probably just tone, not reduce, but it's better than nothing :)
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I agree that you are hourglass shaped, not pear. I am the same. I actually love my shape but feel more proportional when I work my shoulders, back and arms out.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    By your measurments, your photo, and the description of your clothing, you are an hourglass, not a pear. :heart:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    agreed ! hour glass not pear by far. most of us would love to be a hour glass like that! i'm a pear and my stats were 36-29-40 now they are 35-28-38. this has been 3 months of doing cardio and 1 month of doing 30ds. not a huge difference but it's getting there slowly.
  • sheystar
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say you were more hourglass than pear!

I have stats of 30-25-38, huge waist to hip difference! The only way I can look more proportionate is by working my shoulders to get them bigger and then get down to a pretty low body fat percentage (around18-20%), my hips physically can't go smaller than a 38, but they used to be about 48 whilst my waist has never been bigger than 28! So yeah, after all that, work those shoulders! There's not really much else you can do, it's one of those hard facts of life, our bodies are what they are, I'll never have small hips!

(and seriously, in your picture, you look pretty well proportioned!)

wow! you have a very tiny waist! anyways i have slightly toned arms, not shoulders. i've always thought i would look fatter (or should imsay bulky) if i gain muscles in my shoulders. i know, crazy.
  • sheystar
    Options
    and thank you everyone for believing i'm more of an hour glass shape and not pear. i'm a little paranoid and tend to go into the negative side. i guess i'll do a little more cardio for my lower body and strength training for my upper. thanks y'all!