Caloric Intake

Options
Every diet I have been on will tell you to eat 1200 calories and excerise. No mention of increasing caloric intake. I upped my intake based on MFP telling me I am not eating enough. I gained weight. So for me I am going back to the 1200 calories or less and excerising. That's just me. That's what works for me. I see the validity of why they are saying that, but does not work for me.

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    soo...are you going to eat 1200 calories forever?
  • JHawkins7
    Options
    I tend to have the same proplem if I up my calorie intake... It's just not fair! And I workout a lot too so I can't really fit in anymore exercise. hmmmm what are we to do?!
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think we all have to fit this program to what works best for us. I need 1300 calories per day and don't eat my exercise cals back.
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You should check out the group Eating for Future You. Did you up your calories too much too quick? Your metabolism may need to adjust to more calories. Go to this site to find out what your BMR is:
    http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html
    Be very honest on your activity.
    I was doing 1200 calories and upped to around 1450. My BMR is about 1325. I'm only 5" tall and I'm still losing! :)