Dating question men!..please help!!!!

Options
Here goes, my best friend has been dating this fellow for 2 weeks, they see each other almost everyday for lunch, this weekend he's taking her to see Star Wars 3D, they are both total star wars nerds...she wants to make him a build a bear dressed as Darth Vader as a gift, she thought it would be cute. He hasn't given her anything yet, no flowers...no nothing, pays for lunches and all...but no gifts have been exhanged. Is this a stupid thing to give a man?? he's 28 she's 34. or is it cute...is it too soon? should she wait? I think she should just do it..she wants to , it's harmless and Ithink it's rather cute...some of our other friends think she should wait for him to gift first, or that it's a juvenile gift..I think she's unique..i'm not into stuffed animals but have to say that would be pretty cool and show she's thoughtful..who says youhave to wait for the man??? Any ideas on this...I hate when I'm wrong!! lol and I think she should do it, cause she wants to.

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I think it is awesome!!! Give him the bear forget about any so called rules. Do what feels right!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man... but I think it's thoughtful but too soon. If he's a Star Wars nerd, he's going to love it but maybe wait a couple of months or so.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. Who wouldn't love a teddy bear Darth
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Naw...that's a cool gift, especially since you say he's a SW nerd. No need to wait. No rules. I'd rather have Chewy though, but that's just me.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    online-dating-youre-doing-it-wrong.jpg
  • chicklidell
    Options
    Naw...that's a cool gift, especially since you say he's a SW nerd. No need to wait. No rules. I'd rather have Chewy though, but that's just me.

hahaha! she can choose btw a storm trooper and Darth Vader...haha! he likes Darth maul, which they don't have!...but it's build a bear!! only two choices! we're here right now...trying to figure this out!!!! lol
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Do it. They are going to go see Star Wars so there is a common interest there even if I never bought into such movies. 2 weeks a bit early for either to be overly concerned about who bought gifts, etc. but I think under these circumstances it is a harmless gesture.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    online-dating-youre-doing-it-wrong.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAH!! thank god she didn't meet him online!! lol
  • chicklidell
    Options
    Do it. They are going to go see Star Wars so there is a common interest there even if I never bought into such movies. 2 weeks a bit early for either to be overly concerned about who bought gifts, etc. but I think under these circumstances it is a harmless gesture.

I agree...it's not a ring...no commitment, just cute.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options

agreed
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I say give it.......adorable but non committed gift!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I see no reason in having to play by some so-called rules of "waiting". I say be yourself, and if she wants to give him a cute gift, she should. Hell, if they're seeing each other every day, odds are they're probably giving each other more than a teddy bear. :wink:
  • SilverStar18
    SilverStar18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    They are both adults, so screw `the rules`!! I don`t think it`s too early for a little bear, it`s a super cute, very thoughtful and unique gesture. They obviously like each other and have much in common, so celebrate that! :) Hope he loves it when she gives it to him!
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I see no reason in having to play by some so-called rules of "waiting". I say be yourself, and if she wants to give him a cute gift, she should. Hell, if they're seeing each other every day, odds are they're probably giving each other more than a teddy bear. :wink:

omg!!! :blushing: :devil: :smokin: if she is...she's not talking!!! lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I agree...it's not a ring...no commitment, just cute.

This!
  • Just_Kevin
    Options
    I don't believe there is any harm in giving him a bear modeled after a shared interest as long as it's given no strings attached and it is not extraordinarily expensive.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know any men who enjoy Build-a-bear.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I say give it! It's sweet and thoughtful but not overbearing!
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I don't know any men who enjoy Build-a-bear.

neither do I ..but I still think it's pretty cool..even if it ends up as a chew toy for his dog..who's named after a star wars character (Sidious) ..I think the fact that it's a build a bear isn't a factor as much as it's a star wars bear.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree with Contrarian ... there are SO MANY Star Wars related trinkets she can buy ... and IMO a teddy bear is kind of an intimate gift to give an adult you've only been dating two weeks.

Buy him a pez dispenser or a tee-shirt, and save the stuffed animals for 1] when you're sure he would even appreciate a stuffed bear and 2] you've been banging for a while.