The reason why I think most people honestly suck, for lack o

Options

Replies

• crikey1987
    Options
    What ****wads!!!!!! Ugh, that pisses me off.

Street harrassment like that is infuriatingly common for women, regardless of weight. You might want to check out some of the stories and articles on http://www.ihollaback.org/ for encouragement/support, or post your story? Always helps me when I encounter overly vocal ****brains like that on the street!

Anyway, I believe in karma, too. lol
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    The real world is filled with cruelty like that.
    I'd be very tempted to hurt somebody.

Amen brother, A-****IN-MEN I get the same feelin when I see you post.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You're getting fit.
    They're stupid. You can't fix stupid.
    You win.

^^^ this!

people can be so heartless and cruel. if i'd be in your place, and say, carrying a delicious hot beverage, i would have tossed it at them.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    A holes seemed to be out in force today. Ran across a few on the way home from work.
    It must be the full moon.
    BTW, I'm across town from you.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    You're getting fit.
    They're stupid. You can't fix stupid.
    You win.

Indeed!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

There is a line people should never cross, and while it's true that obesity is a negative dilemma we face, nobody has the right to bully or kick sand in the face of people struggling. The converse of this is the fat acceptance movement that tells everybody to accept obesity. Both camps are way out of line.

I hate that you had to go through that, and as I write this, my heart is in my throat.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Someone hack your account?
  • rawcash2012
    Options
    Same kind of thing happened to me in New Orleans this past summer. Just left The Civil Wars show, walking with a friend, having a great evening and this jerk decided to shout out of his car window that I was fat then speed off... like I was gonna chase him? Not much brain power being used, not to mention lack of character.
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    like my momma always says :).... you can fix "fat" but you sure as hell can't fix ugly.

screw them. they dont know you :)
    it may have hurt then, but turn it around and let it make you stronger ♥
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    How very sad and boring their lives must be that the most fun they could think of having is being cruel to a stranger. I can't seem to recall what my friends and I do when we are bored.... Maybe that's because we are never bored when we are together. Apparently they find their own company less than scintillating.

I do wish you didn't have to go through that. I wish I didn't have to put up with jerks every so often, too. But, like you said, we have people who love us who will tell us we deserve to be treated right. If they have people in their life telling them what they deserve, I'm sure they don't find it as comforting.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    To the OP, first thing that comes to mind is ****EM, either use it to fuel the fire to make your change or remember that close minded ignorant people run rampant everywhere. Even in some of the most respected people in the world, you find ignorance and stupidity. It's a sad fact of life but you are better for knowing that you can overcome anything while they are busy focusing in on you instead of trying to find a way to better themselves.

Hope this helps.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry these jackwads crossed your path. I have to admit that in my youth, I might have been one of them. "Fat chick" jokes were funny. But I've grown up. I've learned and I have great empathy for people. I feel bad for things I have said and done in the past, but we all can relate to that. Hopefully, those jackwads will grown up - somehow - and maybe come to realize how hurtful they have been in the past. Good for you for not taking it personally. You are inspiring.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

This would be me, and as peaceful as I am I would honestly hurt them. At least I'm sure somehow Karma will eat me to it and take care of *kitten* like those.

To the OP, sorry you had to go thru that. And does weren't people, they're animals, the bad type of animals.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'd be lying if I said I wouldn' t have found the closest hard object on the ground and threw it in a certain jeeps direction.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

There is a line people should never cross, and while it's true that obesity is a negative dilemma we face, nobody has the right to bully or kick sand in the face of people struggling. The converse of this is the fat acceptance movement that tells everybody to accept obesity. Both camps are way out of line.

I hate that you had to go through that, and as I write this, my heart is in my throat.
    Thank you for sharing.
    You, like so many others, mistake telling the truth with being cruel for the sake of it.
    Too many people here personalize objective observations which is unfortunate.

As for this incident, I say this: beware cruel world.
    One never knows what struggle another human being is going through or how close he may be to the crumbling edge.
    People can snap like the lady did who burned her husband to death after he beat her time after time. Remember the movie The Burning Bed? True story.

Somebody mentioned "karma"?
    Sometimes karma needs a little help.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    They're a bunch of worthless little pricks. I mean...why? Why would anyone want to purposely hurt a random stranger who's just living her life, walking to her car? It's a mentality I'll never understand.

(I had a similar incident a couple of years ago and came to vent on MFP, too. It definitely helps to share with people who have been there.)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing.

Heh.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I walk with a cane, and you would be amazed how many people try to knock me over or push me aside. Today, I had some idiot try to run me over with his shopping cart.

We live in a world where kindness is in short supply. All I can do is pray for these ignorant people.
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

We live in a world where kindness is in short supply. All I can do is pray for these ignorant people.

Amen to that...
    It's sad but there are more decent people than jerks like that! Keep your chin up everything will be fine....Keep on going!
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the first, and only, thing I could do was stop walking. My jaw dropped. I've NEVER met anyone like that, and, while I've been bullied all throughout my middle/high school career, never by a complete and total stranger. I walked to my car, cried hysterically for about 20 minutes, and then realized what a waste of time it was.

My Nana always told me that no matter what size I was, as long as I had my friends and family, I'd have a happy and successful life. I have all that and more, so spending any more time on a group of ignorant idiots is pointless.

I texted my fiancee, told him what happened, and he got more angry about it than I did. Actually, I feel sorry for that group of kids, because they will never learn to look beyond a physical appearance and see someone for who they actually are, not what the size of their jeans are.

And for all of you who are defending the cats, I agree, lol. But some kittens can't help who adopts them. My kitty looks at me with this look, and I swear she's thinking "...really? Like...are you serious right now? This is the person who took me home!?" at least once a day, hah.

Thanks for the support guys. It means a lot!
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A holes seemed to be out in force today. Ran across a few on the way home from work.
    It must be the full moon.
    BTW, I'm across town from you.

I missed your post! You're right, not far at all!