Introducing myself

Hello. I'm a 50-something woman who's once again trying to get control of my weight . I've got a long way to go but with type II diabetes running rampant in my family I really feel that I need to get a handle on my weight. I've lost weight before but always manage to get it back again. I'm hoping that this is the time that I change my lifestyle for good. I'm basically following a 1200 calories diet that's high in fiber and low in fat. I found this website on a google search and find that it's really a helpful tool for
keeping my food journal.

On a personal note, I'm a mother, grandmother, RN and owner of a Boxer dog and 4 cats. My kids are all grown and on their own so it's just me and the menagerie. Living alone in some ways makes it easier to keep to the line on eating because I just don't have to bring the food into the house. On the other hand, it sometimes gets a little boring around here and I've often fought boredem by feeding my face so that's a struggle. My challenge to myself is to figure out interesting ways to cook the meals that will keep me from being bored with the basic "chicken breast and vegetables" diet that I've been following the last couple of weeks. I know that if I don't jazz it up I'm doomed to failure so I've been reading my old weight watcher's cookbooks and checking out the recipes on line.

So good luck to you all and let's do this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• patsue53
    patsue53 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. I'm a 50-something woman who's once again trying to get control of my weight . I've got a long way to go but with type II diabetes running rampant in my family I really feel that I need to get a handle on my weight. I've lost weight before but always manage to get it back again. I'm hoping that this is the time that I change my lifestyle for good. I'm basically following a 1200 calories diet that's high in fiber and low in fat. I found this website on a google search and find that it's really a helpful tool for
    keeping my food journal.

On a personal note, I'm a mother, grandmother, RN and owner of a Boxer dog and 4 cats. My kids are all grown and on their own so it's just me and the menagerie. Living alone in some ways makes it easier to keep to the line on eating because I just don't have to bring the food into the house. On the other hand, it sometimes gets a little boring around here and I've often fought boredem by feeding my face so that's a struggle. My challenge to myself is to figure out interesting ways to cook the meals that will keep me from being bored with the basic "chicken breast and vegetables" diet that I've been following the last couple of weeks. I know that if I don't jazz it up I'm doomed to failure so I've been reading my old weight watcher's cookbooks and checking out the recipes on line.

So good luck to you all and let's do this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Narya
    Narya Posts: 6
    Hey I have a boxer dog too...a fawn female. But just one gray cat. I also have a four month old son. I really wish you the best with losing weight.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Hey!!! Welcome, I'm so excited to see you on this site. You know me Patsue, you just need to visualize!! You are gardening in a lt blue tank top and a denim skort with a big sun hat and you have so much energy at a size 12 that you get all the hosta's replanted and organized. Everyday after work your out there and your yard is beautiful and your on the Garden Walk and who should stop by your house but another Hosta lover and hes got the cutest smile and when he sees you working in the garden he stays to help. Now you can take over with the rest of this vision.............................. !!

You can do It!! We will have so much energy this summer when we've dropped some lbs!!
  • Nakiarc
    Nakiarc Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I am just saying hi. I just started my weight loss plan. I wish everyone the best of luck with meeting there goals..
  • patsue53
    patsue53 Posts: 3 Member
    Oh lord Twink!!!!!! LOL I'll take that whole vision except the guy with the smile. I know you don't believe it but I am off men for life!!!!!!! (don't mean to offend any men in here.....I'm just finding myself much happier alone than I ever was when I was married!) Would be nice to garden without taking Ibuprofen for my knees though.....