Help I'm starving!!

Options
The past few days I have been starving and eating over my calorie goals {1290} any ideas I really want to lose 30lbs by summer

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and high fiber foods to keep you full. And drink more water - most people confuse thirst for hunger.
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    tuna and oatmeal are my lifesavers. and drink water like crazy it really helps. good luck ^_^
  • mmarcy11
    mmarcy11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry I will eat (I will watch the nutrition factors though) and If I'm over my calorie goal I will make sure to burn the calories off at the gym or go for a walk so my net calories are still at my goal.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I agree, cut out sugar and junk carbs they don't hold down your hunger. High protein and whole grains. whole weat is not whole grain. it has to say whole grain.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Exercise more! A lot of the time, I only exercise so I can eat more :) It doesn't make you that much hungrier, but you get to eat as many more calories as you burn.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    tuna and oatmeal are my lifesavers. and drink water like crazy it really helps. good luck ^_^

Oatmeal has been my lifesaver too, with a spoonful of dark chocolate peanut butter for protein. It has done wonders for my energy level and cravings.

Oh, edited to add: it's *really* filling, too.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    Exercise more! A lot of the time, I only exercise so I can eat more :) It doesn't make you that much hungrier, but you get to eat as many more calories as you burn.
    good idea but as a single mom of 7 I don't always have time to workout:frown:
  • saraann752003
    Options
    Look at the quality of food you are eating. Veggies and meat are the way to go for fillers. Watch your grains and milk products and the sugars!!!

I am eating about the same amount of calories each day so if you want to look over my food log feel free, I tend to think outside of the box as far as "typical meals"... for instance for breakfast I ate low sodium turkey deli meat shreaded into steamed veggies... I had some nuts for a morning snack, lunch was more veggies and more turkey (I was trying to use it up) and dinner was some pork ribs (no bbq sauce!!!), some wild rice and some boiled veggies with a few additional items for flavoring.... because of my work out I was able to fit in a clif bar, a protein shake and even a glass of wine!!!
  • JacPo
    JacPo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love to eat. Counting calories is killing me. My quick fix are those sugar free jello cups. They're only 5 calories and you can have more than one. At least this is what I do.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    eat...that's too low. :)
  • quilterbecky
    quilterbecky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try clemintines. They are sweet and only 35 calories and they are good for you. Also of course any other fresh fruits and veggies are good too. I've been chowing on the clemintines for months and they have been good for my weight watching.
  • lawfroggie
    lawfroggie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone is giving you really great advice...protein and water are fantastic. (Breakstone doubles are already measured out at 100 cals and gives you a bit of sweet.) Are you eating every few hours - you may just be one of those people who needs to eat 200 cals 5xday? (I can't see your food diary.) I measure out baggies of 1/2 cup Quaker Granola (about 200 calories a serving) and keep them in the pantry. When I'm feeling really hungry, I grab one, and since it's already measured out, I won't over eat. I also drink a cup of water with it. Wait a few minutes...the hunger will pass. You're doing great!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Let's have a look at your diary and go from there.............................
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    Look at the quality of food you are eating. Veggies and meat are the way to go for fillers. Watch your grains and milk products and the sugars!!!

I am eating about the same amount of calories each day so if you want to look over my food log feel free, I tend to think outside of the box as far as "typical meals"... for instance for breakfast I ate low sodium turkey deli meat shreaded into steamed veggies... I had some nuts for a morning snack, lunch was more veggies and more turkey (I was trying to use it up) and dinner was some pork ribs (no bbq sauce!!!), some wild rice and some boiled veggies with a few additional items for flavoring.... because of my work out I was able to fit in a clif bar, a protein shake and even a glass of wine!!!
    Thanks
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    On your main meals eat first a big plate full of salad and vegetables. Then you will be satisfied with a few calories though.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    Everyone is giving you really great advice...protein and water are fantastic. (Breakstone doubles are already measured out at 100 cals and gives you a bit of sweet.) Are you eating every few hours - you may just be one of those people who needs to eat 200 cals 5xday? (I can't see your food diary.) I measure out baggies of 1/2 cup Quaker Granola (about 200 calories a serving) and keep them in the pantry. When I'm feeling really hungry, I grab one, and since it's already measured out, I won't over eat. I also drink a cup of water with it. Wait a few minutes...the hunger will pass. You're doing great!
    I really couldn't get into the breakstones not a fan of cottage cheese, but I will try the granola thanks
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

I gotta agree! Also eggs!
  • jamiedailey
    jamiedailey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lots of water and tea through out the day if Im really really hungry I will have popcorn good filler:wink:
  • ladyskillit
    Options
    you can go over your calorie intake so that your not starving BUT you have to work out or do some sort of excerise even if its just walking. Brisk walking for 35 mins buys me am extra 230 calories, I use that to eat something high in fiber or protein so I feel full and dont starve.