Getting back on track

Options
Anyone else lost momentum??? I plateau'd then moved and lost track of everything. Things have been tough time wise these past few weeks. Our long term Spanish sub quit and went to Alaska for a better opportunity so I inherited 51 new students at the beginning of March and my sis and I moved the middle of March and I started 3 classes towards my Masters degree. Geez I feel like I can't keep my head above water! I know I am eating WAY too much junk and I need to get a handle on it and get back to the plan. I need to hit the stationary bike some each day and the gym a couple days. I need to make time. Hope you all are having a better go of it than I am. Have a great holiday!
Amy

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Anyone else lost momentum??? I plateau'd then moved and lost track of everything. Things have been tough time wise these past few weeks. Our long term Spanish sub quit and went to Alaska for a better opportunity so I inherited 51 new students at the beginning of March and my sis and I moved the middle of March and I started 3 classes towards my Masters degree. Geez I feel like I can't keep my head above water! I know I am eating WAY too much junk and I need to get a handle on it and get back to the plan. I need to hit the stationary bike some each day and the gym a couple days. I need to make time. Hope you all are having a better go of it than I am. Have a great holiday!
    Amy
  • Synn_sation
    Options
    I have been there. I started here in February lost 21.6 pounds and then fell off the wagon. I gained 5 pounds back and now I am focused and motivated again. It happens. As long as you recognize it and get back on track. best of luck to you.
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been getting off track too. I think a majority of it is my hubby has been going food shopping and he isn't as calorie conscious as I am. Also we order out a lot at work, and it's tough to say no to a delicious Mediterranean wrap even if I do have my own food.

We can do it though!

I have to make myself start going to the gym again, I lost ambition for a while.
  • bluebell81
    Options
    Hey Amy,

As a spanish teacher also I know how much stress is involved. Only teachers know what other teachers are going through. I find it helps to bring all my food to school, that way I'm only eating stuff that I know what is in it. Suerte!!
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    Oh man I totally plateaued after Christmas break and had been stagnant for a while. I couldn't figure it out - I was working out harder than before. But then I realized I changed my work out routine and my body had to adjust. Plus, I was eating all of my calories, AND stressing out because of work and financial stuff.

I unconsciously did some of this, but I gradually started taking 2 days off a week of working out, and just made sure to eat 1200-1300 cals a day (3 small meals a day w/ 3 snacks in between to keep my metabolism going). My stress level was lowering as my work eased up, but also because I wasn't feeling pressured to burn 600 cals a day working out. It was like I was overworking myself. Now when things build up, I just make sure to take a deep breath and deal with them, and to have a good attitude and be happy. It keeps the stress and the pounds off. And its OK to take a day off working out, just as long as you keep your cals at or just above 1200.

I've lost 6 pounds since my plateau number! Hopefully it will keep working. You just need to make little changes here and there in your routine and find out what works for you. It is different for everyone. You can do it! :)
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hey hon. Sorry to hear that this is going on. I am currently in a rut also. My MFP self is looking at the current self going "Get up off your *kitten*" "Eat Right" etc but I cant do it. I am getting a divorce, moving etc. I am trying but have no motivation. Just do little things and it will get better eventually. You are doing soooo good too. Come here everyday if you have to and post! PM me anytime! Best of luck!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I know what you mean Gustergirl I know what to do it is just the motivation that is missing. I do well as long as I am losing then get off track when I plateau. So just need a kick in the pants to get started again. Gracias bluebell, I also take all my food to school. That cafeteria is nasty city ugh! Pizza, greasy burritos, etc. No wonder our kids are getting fatter! Thanks again all!!!:flowerforyou: