Veggie/Meatloaf

Options
teetsel4
teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
This is one of my favorite things to make. I make the mixture and either bake it off as a loaf or make individual meatballs. I prefer to make them into meatballs, and then I have a versatile lunch/dinner. I eat it with my fat free mashed potatoes or serve it with spaghetti sauce and salad. Both are super tasty and the kids love them too! Here is the recipe:

1 pkg extra lean ground beef
1 pkg ground turkey breast (no skin)
3 carrots
3 celery stalks
1 large onion
4 C Mushrooms
2 Tbls Tomato paste
2 packets of Lipton onion soup mix
1 C Reduced Parmesan Cheese
1-2 eggs

I pulse the veggies in the food processor to make a pulp. Then sauté the veggies in pam and salt and pepper for 10 mins on med/low to soften them. Then I add the tomato paste and the soup packets and cook for another 5 mins. Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl and let cool for a few minutes. Mix in the beef and turkey, add parmesan cheese and eggs until the mixture is moist but will hold into a meatball. Line cookie sheets with foil and form meatballs to your desired size (I like aprox 1/2 cup). Bake at 400 for 45 mins. Or form into loafs and bake for the same amount of time.

By the way.... I input this recipe into the Weight Watcher site and each meat ball was about 2 points each. How do you do that on this site?

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things to make. I make the mixture and either bake it off as a loaf or make individual meatballs. I prefer to make them into meatballs, and then I have a versatile lunch/dinner. I eat it with my fat free mashed potatoes or serve it with spaghetti sauce and salad. Both are super tasty and the kids love them too! Here is the recipe:

1 pkg extra lean ground beef
    1 pkg ground turkey breast (no skin)
    3 carrots
    3 celery stalks
    1 large onion
    4 C Mushrooms
    2 Tbls Tomato paste
    2 packets of Lipton onion soup mix
    1 C Reduced Parmesan Cheese
    1-2 eggs

I pulse the veggies in the food processor to make a pulp. Then sauté the veggies in pam and salt and pepper for 10 mins on med/low to soften them. Then I add the tomato paste and the soup packets and cook for another 5 mins. Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl and let cool for a few minutes. Mix in the beef and turkey, add parmesan cheese and eggs until the mixture is moist but will hold into a meatball. Line cookie sheets with foil and form meatballs to your desired size (I like aprox 1/2 cup). Bake at 400 for 45 mins. Or form into loafs and bake for the same amount of time.

By the way.... I input this recipe into the Weight Watcher site and each meat ball was about 2 points each. How do you do that on this site?
  • Tara97
    Tara97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    every point in weight watchers is roughly equal to 50 calories.