Hello! New on my Road 2 Hotness

Options
I just signed up to this website and so far it's pretty cool. I have 108 lbs to lose by the end of 2009. With the help of Phentermine, eating smart, and good old fashion excercise I know I can reach that goal. Heck I even lost 3 lbs since Monday and we're just half way through the week! Still though I think I am working myself too hard because today I feel like a bus ran over me. I feel pain every where! LOL! Any who...I'd like some advise about getting a good balance of cardio & weight training for toning. I did a half hour of cardio on this really cool excercise machine and then about 1/2 hour of weight lifting and sit up's. Is that good? Should I do more on one thing then the other? This was after I got off work but during my lunch I did 30 minutes of Turbo Jam Cardio...YIKES!

Replies

• Road2Hotness
    Options
    I just signed up to this website and so far it's pretty cool. I have 108 lbs to lose by the end of 2009. With the help of Phentermine, eating smart, and good old fashion excercise I know I can reach that goal. Heck I even lost 3 lbs since Monday and we're just half way through the week! Still though I think I am working myself too hard because today I feel like a bus ran over me. I feel pain every where! LOL! Any who...I'd like some advise about getting a good balance of cardio & weight training for toning. I did a half hour of cardio on this really cool excercise machine and then about 1/2 hour of weight lifting and sit up's. Is that good? Should I do more on one thing then the other? This was after I got off work but during my lunch I did 30 minutes of Turbo Jam Cardio...YIKES!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Your 1/2 hr of cardio/ 1/2 hr of weights is a good mix. It's pretty important to drink your water (at least 8 glasses a day) and to eat your exercise calories (MFP puts a deficit in automatically so be sure to also eat your exercise cals so you don't put your body into starvation mode!). Also take a day off each week to let your body rest.

Cardio you can do every day. But the weights - you should wait 4 days in between muscles you exercise, so if you do your legs on Monday, don't do your legs again till Thurs or Fri. Your abs you can work every other day, they recover faster than other muscles.

You have a lot of weight you want to lose, and a short time to do it. Be sure to do it healthy! Otherwise you'll just gain it back as soon as you stop. A healthy goal is 1.5 pounds a week, 2 is still healthy but pushing it, beyond that, is usually not healthy unless totally supervised by a physician.

You will probably lose weight pretty quickly in the beginning, and then it will slow down as your body gets used to the amount of exercise you're doing, and you'll need to shake it up. Your body plateaus (gets used to everything) about every 30 days... so those are to be expected. If you plan in advance you can probably avoid them for awhile.

Good luck!
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    Wow! Thank You for the really awesome advise. I didn't know that about the weaknesses of the muscles with weight training. I will definately apply the advise. Do you really think 3 lbs a week is too much? Maybe I got a little to hyped up about all these people who are like losing 8 lbs a week. Here I thought I was going pretty slow. LOL! Goes to show ya.....

Hey but any who, really Thank You so much for the advise and for wishing me luck. :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    Thank You! I just came back from doing 15 mins of Cardio and 6 sets of 15 in sit ups. My 1/2 hour or lunch is now gone....Oh well. I couldn't of spent it any better.