5"8-5"9 goal weights??

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP--

I've been on this journey since May 2011 and I'm down 25 pounds and currently weigh 149. I'm about 5"8 1/2 and wondering what others goals are for this height?!?! I thought once I got down to 140 I'd be happy but I feel like thats not the case. I still feel like my belly has some serious chub there. My current goal now is 135 but I'm just not really sure.

Just want thoughts and opinions! Thanks :)

Feel free to add for my support. I need all I can get! :)
    Best of luck to All!

Are you weight lifting? Lifting weight as we lose helps us avoid the "skinny fat" look.

I think my goal is around 140 but that might be too skinny. I got down to 150 decided to go on a bulking cycle back up to 160, almost there. I was 145 after the birth of my second child and still wasn't happy with my thighs, hence the goal of 140, but now that I'm weight lifting and have done a bulking cycle maybe I will be happy at 145.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" and currently weigh 147. When I first started losing, my goal was 150 lbs, but now that I've met/surpassed my original goal, I'd like to lose a bit more. I'm not sure, but I think I'll be happy somewhere between 130-140 lbs. We'll see..
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is more than what you guys weigh now, it's 180 for me. I have a large frame though and lots of muscle.

I'm right there with you, except the muscle part and I would be thrilled with 170! I would look sickly at 135.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8" and my ultimate goal would be 140lbs, anything less than that on me and I would look ill. I guess it depends on how broad you are and also how wide your hips are. My hips have definitely expanded after 3 children.

Good luck. x
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don't think you need to go much below that but maybe just work on tightening up everything. The stomach is always the hardest to shrink. I guess that's why they invented lipo, At 5'8" you probably should weight around 140 so it sounds like you're there. Congratulations!
  • vannessasheane
    vannessasheane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 my goal weight is around 130, but that may change the closer I get to that goal, not sure how I will look, would just like more muscle definition ( ie lose the flab so the muscles show through)
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    OMG if I weighed 140 I would look like death!! LOL Seriously though I'm 5'8 & my goal is 175. I really don't think I want to be much smaloler but we'll see when I get there.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 157 lowest I've been was 141ish a few years ago when I was 17/18 but I still had a belly my goal is 130ish and then focus on building muscle
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" as well. Up until I was 25 I was always around 135. I wasn't 'toned' or anything, but I had a job as a waitress and can only imagine how many km a day I was walking. I got married and hubby and I fell into some bad eating/activity habits and put on 25lbs before having my first son. Since having my second son I maintained 150ish for over three years, but it started crawling up.

My goal weight was 145, and last week's weigh-in I was 146, so almost there. I'm definitely not finished. I think I might drop the number to 140, but so far all I've done is changed food portion sizes and been more mindful of what I'm eating. I need to really start getting some exercising in there if I want to see any real change. Judging by my clothes, I have been losing very proportionately everywhere, so while I might be a size smaller, I really look the same. And diet alone isn't going to change that!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (quite small frame though) and my initial goal was 130lbs. I reached that, didn't want to go any lower but my stomach wasn't how I liked it (I store fat mainly on my stomach)

So I did a bulk to gain some muscle, went back up to 150lbs (MFP starting weight) and now cutting again, so my goal is around 135 now as I have more muscle. Although it's not fixed, if I'm happy before (have definition) I'll probably stop early.
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    Wow, I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is more than what you guys weigh now, it's 180 for me. I have a large frame though and lots of muscle.

I'm shooting for this too. I have a large frame as well. Good luck!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    im also 5'8.5 and im currently around the 143 mark my ideal weight would be around 135 but im at a uk size 8 now and i doubt i can loose much more my body just wont let me lol, iv always carried my weight well tho so i dont have certain areas that look bigger than others
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    I am 5' 9" and my current weight is 132.3. I would like to tone up though and ultimately be in the 140 range.
  • Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. My doctor told me I shouldn't concentrate on the number but the measurements. Especially since my weight loss included a substantial gain in muscle, but it's still hard and I thought I would be happier too, but still feel like the stomach flub is a problem! Just know you aren't alone out there! :)
  • mhardest
    mhardest Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Looking at this, I reckon I might need to rethink mine. I'm 5'8 and had set 135 as my goal but think it might be a bit low now, although it is still in the healthy range

This was me about 5 years ago at 5'8 and 135 pounds. I do not think it was too thin. I would love to get back to that point but would settle for 140 at this point : )
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 and 1/4 aha. My goal weight was originally 150 until I found out I was not 5'9 ahaha. My goal weight is 145 but if I feel comfortable at 155 I will stay there and if I feel I have more to go, I will keep going. :)
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8.5 and aiming for 130lbs. I got to 132lbs last week, but now probably more like 138 again... Started at 165lbs in October. it seems harder to resist cake the closer you get to your goal!
  • MrsHoke04
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 135. I am 138 now and I think I'm lookin good but still have a tiny bit of love handles and bra strap fat, that might put my goal to 132-135. : )My BMI is 20% and I'm very happy with it. Just want those abs for bikini season. Good luck!

BTW.. I hated being tall when I was younger, now I love it, us tall people carry weight so much better: )
  • becky2967
    Options
    im just shy of 5'10 and my goal weigh has been set by my gp at 146lb .
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 & a half.. my goal weight is 180 but 160 at the smallest I think. Idk I haven't been that size since before I had my son 8yrs ago so I may go lower. I don't even remember what it feels like to be under 200lbs hahah.. good luck!