Finished first week at MFP...

Options
... and lost 4lbs! Totally unexpected since I mfp told me to have 1200 cal a day but I never managed that and was closer to 1500/day. I have been dieting (counting calories on a different app, at about 1700/day) since Sept but have been stuck on 182-184 since early November. Late December I joined a gym, but still no traction. So to lose 4lbs this week was fantastic! thanks MFP!

I'm going to celebrate by eating whatever I want today, and enjoying my friends 50th birthday tonight! I'm sure I won't be as lucky next week. :drinker:

Replies

• Arani70
    Options
    Awesome Stuff!! You should be proud! :D

I have nearly finished my first week and I hope I can say the same!
  • iwisheyes
    Options
    It wasn't luck... it was YOUR effort and determination! Congratulations, and enjoy your friend's birthday. :)
    Don't be discouraged if you don't see 4lbs drop per week... that would be unhealthy over a long span. 1-2 lbs a week is a pretty sane and manageable goal. Just keep at it and keep us posted on all your future successes!!
  • simonburrows
    simonburrows Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    way to go dude, I gained a pound on my first week ? its my weigh in today, gonna buy some new scales
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    1200 is way too low, as you've discovered. Very done to you - you've had a fantastic week! (You can reset your target calories to something more reasonable if you want to. And of course if you're exercising there's the option to eat back some of your cals.)