one pound off but getted

Options
Hi
Hi feeling gutted this morning, went all out this week to get into the 16s but only lost 1 pound. Kept well withing my calories and exercised most days some times twice a day. I feel really down today. Looks like fish, chips and mushy peas with bread and butter at dinner!!!! Hope you lot have better results.
Jim

Replies

• SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    A one pound loss is great!!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Don't eat that!
    Don't get disillusioned! we've all been there, It's inexplicable but if you keep at it i promise you it will come off.
    It seems to happen in fits and starts.
    Reconsider that dinner. Unless you can get grilled fish and a salad. Keep your chin up man, these things take time.
    Never, never give up.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1lb is a great loss! dont be discouraged by it, i was gaining these last 2 weeks even keeping in my calorie goal and exercising and today hopped on the scales and its gone but i didnt get discouraged kept at it and the results came.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, DON'T GIVE UP! Your body's getting used to a healthier you & it needs time to adjust.

It's not always going to be easy but you need to be positive to get to where you want to be. Don't see it as "I only lost a pound", see it as "Yay! I lost a pound!"

You can do this, believe in yourself!!!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I know that gutted feeling! I have been training with a personal trainer & eating brilliantly! Then when I get on the scales for weekly weight in, I STAY THE SAME!! WTF!!!
    So, determined to not play the mind games, I continue as normal and this week I lost 5.6 lbs!!!! So it goes to show..... If you exercise and eat right - the scales WILL reflect it at some point. Our bodies all differ and that is why I have also decided to just keep going and will go by how I feel, loose clothing and healthy appearance!

Please don't give up so soon!

Mmmmm Fish Supper with bread & butter!!!! Now that is a good old seaside treat! Make your own version of it with potato wedges, grilled fish and salad or veggies.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    A one pound loss is great!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!! Look at a pound of lard next time you're in your local supermarket! It's a SHED load!!!!!
  • kerrylaws29
    Options
    Dont give up! Im only losing one pound a week at the moment aswell! It a healthy weight loss and you dont want to lose it all quickly and then find it hard to maintain the weight loss. This is a life style change not a quick fix!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well, I found your one pound. I took it from you. You can't give up over one pound. If you do, I hope you never look in the mirror again. Don't let that pound get the best of you. You are better than that. So get up, dust off your britches and get back on your bike, because we all fall off, and we all get our feelings hurt, but we don't all give in, and we won't let you give in either. Now, go eat your fish.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Theoretically you have to either exercise or not eat 3500 calories to lose one pound. And you did that this week.

Way to go!

(I do get it, though. I think I'm way harder on myself than I am on others.) Don't stop now - you are doing this for YOU!
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    keep goin ur doing great, 1lb is still a loss at least u havent put on. i stayed the same this week but im not beat, it will all work out

:happy: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • iwisheyes
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, Jim! You are making progress in the right direction, even if it seems infuriatingly slow right now. Stay with it. You CAN do this.
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    WOAHH WOAHH WOAHHH!!! :noway:

WE WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT TALK ROUND HERE JIM BOY!!!

WELL DONE for loosing 1lb :bigsmile: a small loss is better than a big loss, less chance of it going back on twice as much.

Its hard when you aren't loosing big amounts but the key to loosing weight is going it the healthy way (which always seems the slowest)

Now chin up and scrap that fish,chips and heartattack on a plate, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Jim, it's best to lose slow.....every pound off is better then a pound on......

Keep doing what you are doing......:drinker:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I know for me- when I work out really really hard one week, the scale doesn't show it till the NEXT week. I figure it's because my body is still burning cals and recouping from the change-up of harder exercise.

Keep at it and don't give up!